Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PaulB
The PM has just announced that 405,000 people have registered as potential volunteers for the NHS & social services.

That is a fantastic response that does the country proud.
PaulB wrote:The PM has just announced that 405,000 people have registered as potential volunteers for the NHS & social services.

That is a fantastic response that does the country proud.

In adversity we grow!!
PaulB liked this
They had 405k earlier. I believe it's now 500k in <36hrs.

Not heard the million number reported.
By stevelup
JoeC wrote:Registered yesterday but had no reply yet. Guess they are overwhelmed with applicants.

They will need some volunteers to process the volunteers!

I just got my email - states it will be between 2 to 7 days and that the volunteering actually starts April 1st
Yes, just signed up and shared a picture of my driver's licence. I am working full time from home as well and happy to re-arrange work, as i feel compelled to help others. In my line of work (IT) there are no lives involved or at risk.... This is the moment to serve the country. Be Safe ! DV8R
What are they doing about DBS checks if you are going to interact with patients or other vulnerable people?
stevelup wrote:Exactly that. They are doing DBS checks.

So that's going to take a bit of time, isn't it? I guess the DBS service isn't used to half a million applications all at once. It's going to be quite a logistical exercise to use these volunteers in the best way.

(and bravo to all those who volunteered!)