For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Top geek humour.

He may not have been the first but Linus Torvalds - inventor of Linux - described the NFL Superbowl as (I paraphrase) "An opportunity to watch the latest commercials interrupted by a more violent version of an egg-and-spoon race".

:clap:
eltonioni, Iceman, Paultheparaglider and 2 others liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
So weren't cheering the result of the Calcutta Cup match?

There was one lone spectator wrapped up to the nines with the eyes barely showing. I assumed it was Princess Anne since she was the least likely person in the UK to be put off an event for public opinion or a case of the sniffles, but Viv reckoned not.
Pete L wrote:So weren't cheering the result of the Calcutta Cup match?

There was one lone spectator ... I assumed it was Princess Anne ...

No, she responsibly watched it on TV from home. Her shared picture provoked local media coverage of the appearance of her sitting room, and others' comments on it. The domestic trivia of the Royal family appear to have been of greater interest than the sport being played.. :wink:

I have no interest in either ..

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... re-4978201
Paultheparaglider wrote:I owe @kanga an apology. I had read "she responsibly watched" as an example of a split infinitive, which it is not.

Thanks to kanga for the private lesson by pm.

So you've learned to never doubt kanga's grammar. (Ooops: I meant "never to doubt"!) :lol:
kanga, Paultheparaglider, Pete L and 2 others liked this