Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
@PaulB I copied your comments below from the RV6A thread not wanting to turn it in to a Covid thread.

Because everyone has been asked (instructed) to stay at home except for 4 specific exceptions[1]. (AIUI these will have a legal basis by tomorrow)

[1] OK you *might* be going shopping or you *might* be travelling to work, but those would be pretty rare reasons for most of us to go flying.

I've just been a walk and seeing so many holiday lets occupied I wondered how long it would take for the message to be heard and understood by the maximum number able to be reached. I also questioned what that number is? Personally if I go on holiday I don't want to be listening to news, watching TV or buying newspapers. It's a fair bet at least some of these people haven't heard the instructions.

Likewise not everyone has TV and internet and I'd hazard a guess an even greater number will have zero interest in current affairs.

You'd think it would have to pose a significant problem?
Indeed. When we go self catering I like to cook occasionally but we probably eat out more than usual. Pubs with nice food are our preferred option rather than fine dining.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of the lockdown, I just hope we (as in the U.K.) have got this right and we are able to contain the contagion.

Being political for a second, this virus and the economic fall out that will follow will be the major issue that BoJo has to contend with for the rest of this parliament. .... and likewise for whoever runs the next parliament and the one after that!
Miscellaneous liked this
PaulB wrote:Being political for a second, this virus and the economic fall out that will follow will be the major issue that BoJo has to contend with for the rest of this parliament. .... and likewise for whoever runs the next parliament and the one after that!

I'm trying not to think of the ongoing economic consequences. The personal costs I can immediately identify are bad enough, but of zero significance at the present time.

I'm sure current events will cause many to stand back and reassess what is important in life. Hopefully it will bring people together to be more understanding, tolerant and considerate and to work for the benefit of each other.
PaulB, Leodisflyer, OCB and 1 others liked this
Hopefully he'll have a home test kit very soon but he needs to take extra care right now either way. It must be worrying John, I hope he is enjoying tucking into pungent liver and onions very soon. Stay safe!
The CMO poured cold water on the claims that there’d be a home kit available within days during the PM’s briefing yesterday.

Anosmia can have many causes and is not only related to Covid19.
JAFO liked this
From my various runs out and about this week I'm a bit stunned at;
a. the number of people who aren't taking it seriously, and
b. the number of people who are desperate for the government / police / army to put the entire nation under house arrest.

When all this is done with we need to put critical thinking on the list of compulsory school subjects.
JAFO, skydriller liked this
I'm still in central London, and I am pleasantly surprised at how well people are observing the rules. My wife has seen a couple of shouty shopping incidents, but that's it.

I have been cycling round Battersea Park for exercise every day for the last week, and everybody I have seen (individuals, couples, couples with kids) has easily and courteously maintained a safe distance. Even on that supposedly "crazy" Sunday you may have read about in the newspapers...
kanga liked this