Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Rob P wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote: :?: :D pray tell. :thumright:

911 - But hairdresser version (convertible) :lol:
I have tried to tell him.
Rob P

:shock: ....easy on...!!!... :lol:

I'd just like to point out that it was 22degC here this afternoon.... 8)
And it has been 20+ for the last week...
So while shopping for essentials, one was top down and enjoying my toy with no1 son 8) ... After all, remember, flying is effectively banned here, so what else am I supposed to do to enjoy myself when "on holiday"** in a place where I actually get to drive top down for over half the year... :mrgreen:

Stay safe & regards, SD..

** FTAOD, those that know me will understand I refer to myself being "off rotation" right now, as opposed to being told by government to stay home from work..
Last edited by skydriller on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob P liked this
spaughty wrote:The FT has an article on this behind a paywall, but here is the pre-print behind it.

It suggests that a large part of the UK population may have recovered already from the virus, and have immunity. Perhaps even 50%. That was the FT headline.

I can't comment on the accuracy, although Professor Gupta does appear to do this for a living.

I don't envy those in charge of public policy at the moment.

That paper has been criticised by some well qualified people..... here are two

This paper has not been peer reviewed and rests one one massive assumption unsupported by data, as pointed out to authors by
@timcolbourn

Really worrying it has had so much traction

Prof Martin McKee, Professor of Public Health

and the cited Tim Coulbourn (also a Professor of Global Health & Epidemiology at UCL)

Thanks Rob, yes looks like no empirical support for the Rho of 0.001 at all. This could be very dangerous given the sensational headlines that "50% could have already have had COVID19: that this work is generating.
@SunetraGupta
See first line of results:..

spaughty liked this
lobstaboy wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Rob P wrote:911 - But hairdresser version (convertible) :lol:

I have ridden in said toy. Plenty of headroom.

Rifle bolt gear change?

It's the body scuttle RobP abhors, have to agree though I dislike that in cars too.
First full day of clinics post lockdown. All via telephone to review treatment. New prescriptions generated so as to reduce the need to leave home and to take pressure off pharmacies. As they’re controlled drugs they have to be. printed, signed and sent to pharmacies by courier. (At least it keeps taxi companies busy for a while).

We’ve got 2500 service users to work through. :shock:

Was planning to work in Staffordshire next week to take over the contract there. No decision made yet if this is going to happen.

Not seeing our children and grandchildren now. Had a Zoom meeting last night. Hilarious and heartwarming .
lobstaboy wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Rob P wrote:911 - But hairdresser version (convertible) :lol:

I have ridden in said toy. Plenty of headroom.

Rifle bolt gear change?

My wife once had a really cool set of wheels with rifle bolt gear change.
Prettiest Renault 4 in Suffolk at the time: bright yellow.

Peter :wink:
eltonioni wrote:It's relative though. 911 hairdresser edition body scuttle feels like a BMW M3 tin top.

Ain't that the truth.

I quite like Beemers but could not convince myself that either the Z3 or 4 were the way forward on account of that, and the long nose on the latter was too phallic for my liking.