For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill McCarthy
After a couple of months at sea you get used to tea made with distilled water and UHT milk, and when that runs out you’re on to the granulated stuff.
OCB liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We’re in Alderney waiting for a weather window to fly home :( As long as the mail, sun, express and telegraph are available at the local newsagents a shortage of toilet paper holds no terrors :twisted:

At home the Freezer and wine seller were stocked, bread raw materials available and there’s veg in the garden. I can usually bag a pigeon through the bedroom window if need be :twisted:
By OCB
Bill McCarthy wrote: you get used to tea made with distilled water and UHT milk, and when that runs out you’re on to the granulated stuff.

Genius! The perfect moment to get rid of my stock of emergency sachets of dehydrated dihydrogen monoxide on eBay.

:thumright:

Instructions- just add water....
By OCB
Enough of this toilet paper nonsense.

This Indigogo “portable bidet” project had me giggling when I saw their launch video - and it’s suitably expensive/middle class looking, that I will be adding it to my list!

https://youtu.be/K_w8z1OyOVA

I did check on Amazon - the other portal bidet arent middle class enough for me :snooty:

(Oh, and there is even a website dedicated to reviewing bidet....isn’t the internet a *wonderful* place!!)
By PeteSpencer
Bidet- pronounced " B'day "

Should sell well in Australia: rhymes with "G'day " as in " G'day mate"

Peter :roll:
By Genghis the Engineer
Not totally in disagreement with you there, but as the only thing I normally use it for is diluted in making porridge or bread, and Mrs.G is happy with it as a backup, it's fine.

G
By lobstaboy
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Not totally in disagreement with you there, but as the only thing I normally use it for is diluted in making porridge or bread, and Mrs.G is happy with it as a backup, it's fine.

G

Er, what, the bidet?
Struggling with some difficult mental images there...
Rob L, Nick, JAFO and 2 others liked this
By akg1486
OCB wrote:Enough of this toilet paper nonsense.

This Indigogo “portable bidet” project had me giggling when I saw their launch video - and it’s suitably expensive/middle class looking, that I will be adding it to my list!

https://youtu.be/K_w8z1OyOVA

I did check on Amazon - the other portal bidet arent middle class enough for me :snooty:

(Oh, and there is even a website dedicated to reviewing bidet....isn’t the internet a *wonderful* place!!)

The brand name is ”Sonny” and a comment on the youtube video suggested that it should be called ”Sonny Spraystation”. :lol:
OCB, JAFO liked this
By OCB
I recently got promoted to program manager for a number of related - and failing - IT infrastructure projects at a local sweet shop*

We received a corporate communication late this afternoon saying - basically- (as employees and external providers) - to avoid our customers.

I love this conundrum. I’m, at heart, an engineer.

I’m also a qualified social scientist.

If I were to, right now, send that communication to the national media (here in rainy Belgium), there would be mass panic, and the vast majority of our clients would be (rightfully) afraid to go into sweet shops.

The response to my team (which consists of, amongst others, about half a dozen nuggets who could start a fight in an empty room) was:

“Be Prepared”.

Honestly, I do wonder about the sanity, and ability of “Western/First World” managers to deal with a real crisis....

*i might not be 100% honest when I say it’s sweet shops. It’s a contract thing, ok?
By ChrisRowland
XKCD has a series of commants about C-19 starting here. https://xkcd.com/2276/
Amusing, in a worrying sort of way.

Just notied the=at the series starts one before this.

Actually the whole webcomic is pretty good in a geeky sort of way.
By Flyin'Dutch'
akg1486 wrote:The Finnish activity "kalsarikännit" is now a socially responsible and acceptable alternative to meeting your mates at the pub.

Too funny not to share:

OCB liked this
By eltonioni
Miscellaneous wrote:Can't say there's panic here. I collected the shopping yesterday (from the Tesco van) and remarked to SWMBO 'no toilet roll'? Wasn't on offer came the reply. :lol:

Hope we don't regret that decision. :shock:

Don't worry, the Graun is funded from an offshore private trust so there will be a plentiful supply of suitable paper. The DM might be at risk though so avoid Islington if the bog roll balloon goes up.
By Rob P
When boredom sets in there are two corners of the interweb absolutely guaranteed to provide endless amusement and interest.

One is the car 'detailing' fora - venture there at your own risk.

The other is the preppers in the US

Now they are prepping for WTSHTF (A point at which excrement collides with an air circulating device). To do so they have prepared, at all times a 'Bug-out bag' must be close to hand. Suggested contents for the bag are here: https://bugoutbagacademy.com/free-bug-out-bag-list/ Too late to start now, you need hand sanitzer (sic)

I am wondering...

Has the excrement collided with the fan yet? If so are all these preppers 'bugging out') (aka running away)

Where have they bugged to?

Or are they waiting for the orange man-child to declare it as 'Bug Out Day' and tell them to where they have to head?

Rob P