For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PaulB
There’s virtually nothing that someone here doesn’t know something about.

So.... there’s a man apparently called Todrick on the TV at the moment. He’s dressed in a blue suit with a gold coloured puppet fox (I think it’s a fox) over his right shoulder.

What’s all that about? (No Googling. I’m interested in whether someone here knows about this rather than the actual answer!)
By PaulB
I think I've finally found something that the forum has no knowledge of.

I'm proud that (a) I have found this lack of knowledge and (b) that we collectively have no idea about the fox puppet thing!
By Red
No idea about the puppet bloke, but Paul (if its at all practical) you need to get flying again :D

P.S. Just remembered this quote:

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
JAFO, PaulB, JoeC and 2 others liked this
By JAFO
PaulB wrote:... there’s a man apparently called Todrick on the TV at the moment.

Not on my TV.
By Rob L
PaulB wrote:There’s virtually nothing that someone here doesn’t know something about.)....

Don't use "virtually" in that context; it's almost as bad as using "fatally" and "vitaly" :D A little bit of latin & classical greek helps a lot with the English language :wink:
PaulB, kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:
PaulB wrote:There’s virtually nothing that someone here doesn’t know something about.)....

Don't use "virtually" in that context; it's almost as bad as using "fatally" and "vitaly" :D A little bit of latin & classical greek helps a lot with the English language :wink:

Hi Rob L
Sometimes your pomposity knows no bounds

[Dick Emery]but I like you [\Dick Emery]

Peter :wink:
Rob L liked this
By Rob L
PeteSpencer wrote:
Rob L wrote:

Hi Rob L
Sometimes your pomposity knows no bounds

[Dick Emery]but I like you [\Dick Emery]

Peter :wink:

Pomposity: You should add that to the Long Lost Words of yesterday thread! :wink:
By PaulB
Red wrote:No idea about the puppet bloke, but Paul (if its at all practical) you need to get flying again :D

P.S. Just remembered this quote:

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

You'll all be glad to know that I have booked an aeroplane (and an FI because I'm some considerable time outside 90 days).

I'm also very happy that after 2 days I'm still no closer to knowing who Todrick is or why he has a fox puppet over his shoulder. Flyer Forums, I'm proud of you!
Red, kanga liked this
By PaulB
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I suspect you could ask a question about Love Island and get some equally blank looks.

I would certainly hope so.... I’m worried though that you should even mention it!
By GAFlyer4Fun
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I suspect you could ask a question about Love Island and get some equally blank looks.

Name sounds nice, where is it?
How much is the landing fee, fuel, parking and cake? (not necessarily in that order!).
Need a passport? Visa? etc
Recommended route? Does Brexit make any difference to the route for GA?

:clown:
skydriller liked this
By PaulB
Just seen this about Todrick.

Still no idea what the fox is about, but all credit to him.....

The Greatest Dancer judge Todrick Hall has told BBC Radio 5 Live what it was like for him growing up in Texas and wanting to be a dancer.

Speaking to Nicky Campbell and Eleanor Oldroyd, Hall, who has choreographed Beyonce and Taylor Swift, said when he was younger it was “unheard of” for a “young, black boy to be dancing”.

He also spoke about how pleased he was to see more young boys taking up dance, especially in areas such as ballet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertain ... be-dancing