For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PaulB
I do the newsletter for the flying club. Currently it's a pdf that is put on the website and the link emailed to members. A (very) small number of members have copies printed and posted.

I'd like to move to proper online newsletter and wondering what the options are that can produce a newsletter with stories and pictures that can be read (re-formatted?) for phones, tablets etc and can still be printed if required. It needs to live on our own site.....

Are there any options that are reasonably priced (I know that reasonable is in the eye of the beholder)?

WordPress, perhaps? Any other suggestions?
By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Wordpress should cover your needs - albeit take care choosing a template that is suitable for printing, many of them don't print well.

A key advantage of Wordpress is that it is so prevalent that if you want to hand-over / share the workload in future it shouldn't be difficult finding someone with Wordpress experience.
PaulB, eltonioni liked this
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
How detailed / formatted is it? Mainly text with the odd pic?
An option is to use MailChimp - you can construct the newsletter within it and send the newsletter out within an email. The emails can be made available online as an archive and you can embed the archive within another website.
MailChimp can also be used to manage email lists / sign ups etc.
My church ones are available in the Newsletters and Magazine section here: https://particktrinity.org.uk/index.php/updates/ but you'll also note that the CAA Skywise emails use mailchimp.
I'd say neither use the formatting systems available to their fullest.
The "news" section at the top section is wordpress.
At the church we also produce a PDF magazine which is also printed (made in word A5 size paper, printed using booklet option). If you want something highly formatted, PDF does still work well (see "Trinity Times" on the site).
I will say I don't produce any of these publications - I just setup the systems.