For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sooty25
I go away on holiday for a few days and look what you lot have done! :lol:

All those months following it and I've missed all the fun. I must admit it was the only "B" forum thread I followed and did learn a bit from it, like where the word burger came from!

Oh well, what should we argue about next children? :lol:
By jerry_atrick
I admit I dipped in and out... and didn't commit to it like others.. But, despite the obvious emotive attachements that many [edit] have [/edit], it was an extremely well behaved thread.. Many other threads of less contraversial subjects have got way out of hand.

@G-BLEW , I didn't see any posts today, and I trust your judgement. However, I tip my hat to all involved for, by and large, being civil and at least showing restraint.
By Flying_john
What you do now Steve is choose whichever of the biased media that fits your particular views and listen/read/view them nodding warmly to yourself about how right they are, while other watch their chosen media and believe everything they are saying that suits their views.
By Jim Jones
Maybe that’s the answer to the woes of the internet.

Have a non-political common interest, so a lot of different people join for that ( not necessarily representative). Throw in a degree of intelligence, communication skills and an understanding of the difference between debate and argument.

Voila! Flyer non-av.

I am still glad of the range of stuff people here know about.
By PaulB
[Deleted as there's no point participating in this thread.]
Last edited by PaulB on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PaulB
[Deleted as there's no point participating in this thread.]
Last edited by PaulB on Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rikur_
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Have to say it’s the high proportion of sarky comments like that that makes us less inclined to restore it at all.

Perhaps I'm missing some context - but must admit I see comments like that as just a bit of harmless banter.
By Jim Jones
eltonioni wrote:@G-BLEW would you lock and leave it in the open forum please? There's a lot of useful information contained in there.

I agree. I’ve used the comments and references in other places.

Balanced of course...