For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
They are just stunned that you didn't get the 2012.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By skydriller
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I think they're judging you.

Definitely...

Right cat : It is a "Bordeaux" I suppose, but its from "the wrong side"...
Left cat : I know, the year is allright, but he should have chosen a Haut-Medoc...

:wink:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By stevelup
He's certainly a monster. We have two girls as well but they're more sensibly sized...

And here's Dexter again looking disapprovingly at my mid-week drinking.... Wine bottle for scale, and yes, that is a normal 700ml bottle!

mick w, Rob P, PeteSpencer and 2 others liked this
By akg1486
I'm starting to sneeze by just looking at those pictures. :lol:
By ChrisRowland
We had Norwegian Forest Cats, much the same but possibly slightly smaller. Our/My last one, Daisy was small for a NFC and had kidney disease. Had the sad journey to the vets to get her euthanized and she defeated us by dying before they could get things set up. I was waiting in the car park to be called in, thinking it was taking a while, when a very apologetic vet came out.
By PeteSpencer
@stevelup
I just lurve your Maine Coons .

A few questions : do yours roam: are they at risk of getting nicked? Or are they ‘house cats’?

What are they like with kids ?

Our grandkids love cats : they have two and we have two so I’m kinda having a quick fantasy plan.

So I guess I’m looking for somebody to tell
me to get real. :(
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
I realise your Q is directed at SL but I will give you our take on it; all our 3 cats are allowed out when they want. The Maine Coon is the youngest and out the most, the other two are older and out a lot less.

All cats are fine with kids.
By stevelup
Ours are house cats but have access to a fenced off section of the garden. They're not allowed to roam.

They have no road sense at all, and are incredibly friendly and so would let anyone pick them up and take them away...

Which answers your second question - they have the nicest nature you could possibly imagine - true gentle giants.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
stevelup wrote:Ours are house cats but have access to a fenced off section of the garden. They're not allowed to roam.

They have no road sense at all, and are incredibly friendly and so would let anyone pick them up and take them away...

Which answers your second question - they have the nicest nature you could possibly imagine - true gentle giants.

Oh gawd!Answers to :
Qu1 and Qu 2 fit my mission profile to a tee:

Just gotta be nice to 'er indoors for a month or two then:
Pounce.............

Supplementary: Could they jump a 6 ft fence? How do you secure your fenced off section?

Our property is v secure with 6-8ft fence all round.....
apart from a small 5ft fenced area, which could be isolated.

Our last two pure pedigrees (Burmese) also had no road sense and neither reached their 2nd birthday......

Hmm...........