For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PaulSS
Meet Doris. This is our second Dalmation and really very different to our first, Dotty. This one is very much more intelligent and quick to pick things up but Dotty was far more obedient and didn't pull on her lead. Mind you, Doris is only 6.5 months old :D

PaulB, skydriller, eltonioni liked this
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Thanks for the commiserations, folks. Plenty of local dog-owners around who don't mind their dogs being stroked or given a Gravy-bone or marrowbone-roll . (I always ask first! )

House very quiet without Henry, but much easier to depart without a barking-scene. and then being conscious of elapsed -time until my return.
I am still resolute that my days of dog/cat /bird homing * are over.

* I never felt I "owned", -more "cared-for." :?
eltonioni, ArchaicRider liked this
By TomWW
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Our last three dogs. All GSD and all rescues. The two non blondes were both very difficult dogs, about 9 when we got them and both with very bad behavioral issues. But if we didn't have them they would probably have been put down.

The black one is not ours.

This chap was a gentle giant, one of the nicest personalities you could ever meet.

And can you tell who is not happy with the airport not allowing the dog on the airfield. :D :D :D We call Della the feisty bitch, and trust me on this, she makes the wife seem like a happy soul! :shock:
OCB, Flyin'Dutch', skydriller and 1 others liked this
By JAFO
Time has indeed moved on since this thread started. Max and Jack are no longer with us but Red came to live at (and take over) JAFO Towers last year.

You can read about the fun we've had with him and see some of our earlier four legged friends here: https://open.substack.com/pub/adrianbleese/p/happy-half-a-birthday?r=9i4t6&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web
mick w, OCB, T6Harvard and 6 others liked this
By Trent772
Meeeeeeeeooooooow - hack, hack, cough spit....... Oi - you - Cooking fat - pick up yer furballs.. :mrgreen:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this