For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
D) A dynamic young individual with ideas on how we might improve things to whom I would offer an opportunity to help change things. Whether that succeeds or not and whether she would be willing to give it a go who knows??
By johnm
One thing that amazes me on here and elsewhere is how so many folk are intelligent but lack vision & passion.

I did a few turn round jobs in my career and each time it was the same. Support those with vision and passion and keep the naysayers (aka boring young f@rts) out of their hair. Dead easy.
By kanga
ISTR that not long ago the distinguished chief aide to our esteemed PM was advocating the recruitment to the public service of 'weirdos' .. :)

[on an inevitably historical note: the tale is told of the first visit by Churchill to Bletchley Park during WW2. At the end of the visit, in which he met many of the 'disparate' staff, he is said to have said to the Director (my gist from memory) "I know I told you to leave no stone unturned in looking for talent, but I never expected you to take me so literally" :wink: ]
johnm liked this
By Miscellaneous
Oh I don't know I wouldn't go as far as consider Greta a weirdo, I do however consider her ideas weird. Not unusual when ideas are not properly thought through and founded by those who don't care about their credibility. :wink:
By OCB
I was heading into a small, local supermarket the other day.

I was looking at a shiny black Audi S6, whose back end was at eye level as I was walking down the ramp towards the entrance of the shop.

In small white writing right above the exhaust was stencilled “f you Greta” (well, the full strength version)

I was so enraged, I almost bought a Tippex pen.

Seriously - why can’t anyone use a comma these days!