For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
Miscellaneous wrote:
eltonioni wrote:...well because facts change constantly.

Not in everyone's world they don't. :D

Well in fairness some facts are certainly time dependent, we've seen that very clearly over the last few years.
By stevelup
She is back: Greta Thunberg resumes climate protest

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg protests in front of the Swedish Parliament in Stockholm, Sweden, 25 September 2020

Greta Thunberg joined the protest in front of the Swedish parliamentImage caption: Greta Thunberg joined the protest in front of the Swedish parliament

With public gatherings banned and schools closed in many countries because of the pandemic, school climate strikes were forced to turn to online activism for many months.

But now the marches are back, with the Fridays for Future movement holding its first Global Day of Climate Action for 2020 - although the gatherings may be much smaller in many places due to coronavirus restrictions.

Seventeen-year-old activist Greta Thunberg has led a protest outside the Swedish parliament and says 3,100 demonstrations are planned across the world.

(Source : BBC live news feed so no point in trying to link to it)
By Cessna571
When she gets a job, I wonder what her employer will do about the not working on Fridays thing.

In fact, I wonder how any of the children will handle it when they have to fit in with the real world / society.
By johnm
Cessna571 wrote:When she gets a job, I wonder what her employer will do about the not working on Fridays thing.

In fact, I wonder how any of the children will handle it when they have to fit in with the real world / society.

Unlikely to be an issue, flexible working is increasingly popular, this is the 21st century not the 19th :-) I'd hire someone like her in a heartbeat.
By Cessna571
So her school were meant to he scheduling her lessons at other times to suit her because she didn’t want them on Fridays!

Yep, that’ll work.

“Sorry stock exchange, you’ll have to trade at different times, I’m busy protesting when you’re open”
By Miscellaneous
johnm wrote:I'd hire someone like her in a heartbeat.

Shame the chances of her working for an AVGAS burning, 20,000 mile a year driver that takes regular long haul flights is absolutely zero, unless it was to undermine your business. :wink:

On a serious note, I don't believe you! :D
By johnm
Miscellaneous wrote:
johnm wrote:I'd hire someone like her in a heartbeat.

Shame the chances of her working for an AVGAS burning, 20,000 mile a year driver that takes regular long haul flights is absolutely zero, unless it was to undermine your business. :wink:

On a serious note, I don't believe you! :D

a) I don’t have a business I’m retired.
b) I would definitely hire her and listen to her and see what we could do to improve things. I have hired many mavericks in my long career and never regretted it.
By Miscellaneous
If I had a business I would give the product away for free, but I don't have a business, so... :wink:

I'm struggling to understand how you can possibly stretch your imagination to seeing a sheep as a maverick. :?
By johnm
I can’t help @Miscellaneous or @eltonioni who clearly have boring conventional hiring ideas;-)
By Miscellaneous
@johnm you're doing what frustrates you in others. Ignoring the fact she would have no desire to work for an individual who's actions are counter to his claimed position.

Stop kidding yourself. :naughty:
By johnm
Miscellaneous wrote:@johnm you're doing what frustrates you in others. Ignoring the fact she would have no desire to work for an individual who's actions are counter to his claimed position.

Stop kidding yourself. :naughty:

Nonsense
By johnm
Miscellaneous wrote:
johnm wrote:Nonsense

Can I consider that is your case made? :D

I really don't care :-)
By Miscellaneous
johnm wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote:
johnm wrote:Nonsense

Can I consider that is your case made? :D

I really don't care :-)

Evidently, or you wouldn't propose such silly scenarios that Greta would work for you and try to make a case. :wink:

A, B or C?

A) You fail to fully appreciate Greta's position re the environment?
B) You actually believe your lifestyle aligns with how she thinks you should live?
C) You are ignoring all facts and simply kidding yourself?