For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I thoroughly enjoy GoT, but have other things in my life. I am currently on book 1 and series 4. Hard to miss how the series ended - but that's fine, I'll catch up and spoilers don't bother me - it's the journey I enjoy, I don't mind knowing the ending.

Also this :lol: .

G
chipmeisterc, akg1486, riverrock and 1 others liked this
By seanxair
Charles Hunt wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:
What on earth do people on here do with their time?

Golf.

When I'm playing golf I'm always assessing fairways to see if I could get in and out if needs be in my flying machine :)
By eltonioni
TheFarmer wrote:What’s Game of Thrones?

It's like Jason And The Argonauts, but with more tits.

(Never watched it either)
By Charles Hunt
Josh wrote:I am an expert at Royal Marine golf - I move seamlessly from treelines to bunkers without ever being exposed on the fairway.

The trouble I found, when I started to occasionally land on the fairway, was that I had no idea how to hit a ball with practically zero grass cushion underneath it.

Bringing a 5 wood into play has helped enormously!
By Rob P
Never having even found where the programme broadcasts I did wonder what all the fuss was about, luckily the Internet came to the rescue

On YouTube there's a compilation of every one of the thousand or so grizzly deaths. On the seamier end of the Web a compilation of all the several hundred disrobed females. This cuts out all the plot and most of the cheesy dialogue and delivers the essence of the programme.

I watched a couple of minutes of slaughter, and (surprisingly?) even less of the serving wenches etc. The experience has persuaded me that I have no ambition to own a box set.

Rob P
By Chris Martyr
stevelup wrote: I have never struck a golf ball with a golf club.

Same here . But I have occasionally had the urge to strike a golfer with a club . Maybe if they had played more tiddly-winks as kids then it would have purged them of this strange desire of getting a round plastic object into a plastic cup .................and dressing up in ridiculous clothing to do it ... :lol: .

As for this Game of Thrones malarkey ? From what some of the chaps here have said ,,maybe I should have been taking more notice . :D
By akg1486
I find it odd that so many viewers feel that they have the right to request a re-make of the whole last season simply because it didn't meet their own (ridiculously high) expectations. If you could do better, prove it and get a job as a screen writer.

What the last few seasons show, when comparing them with the first, is that the entertainment value of a show is not a linear function of budget. Still: I pay the equivalent of 8 pounds per month for the HBO streaming service to see whatever I want, including GoT, and I can't complain. And if I wanted to, I could cancel my subscription without any waiting period.
By malcolmfrost
and of course you aren't required to pay it just because you have a TV! The quality of the programming being put out by HBO, Amazon and Netflix far exceeds the output of the BBC (with some exceptions) because if it isn't attractive to viewers they lose money.
By lutonwho
Having travelled recently to Northern Ireland and Dubrovnik, it is amazing to see the economic benefits of having been a “Game of Thrones “ location, with tours, souvenirs , etc. The GOT effect is really boosting their local economies. I happen to be in Malta at the moment, and it is the same here. Mdina is “King’s Landing”, and the locals are making the most of it. I had to ask why everybody was wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the slogan, “Winter is Coming”.
LW