For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m amazed that this whole story exists. The money was raised for charity, so the jobsworths should simply wind their necks in, shut up, and go and raise some money themselves rather than picking up on minutii that simply doesn’t matter.
By Bill McCarthy
A boat friend of mine was “entertaining “ a nurse for some time - and any humpin’ that took place, the nurse’s outfit had to be ON !!! Wouldn’t have worked in these so called scrubs.
eltonioni liked this
By eltonioni
TheFarmer wrote:I’m amazed that this whole story exists. The money was raised for charity, so the jobsworths should simply wind their necks in, shut up, and go and raise some money themselves rather than picking up on minutii that simply doesn’t matter.

I'm equally baffled that the world needs a record for the fastest marathon in a nurse outfit at all.
cockney steve liked this
By Chris Martyr
eltonioni wrote:I'm equally baffled that the world needs a record for the fastest marathon in a nurse outfit at all.

,,,,,,,and I reckon that old Bill McCarthy's mate [4 x posts back] may just wish to contest that remark .. :D
Last edited by Chris Martyr on Mon May 06, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eltonioni liked this
By eltonioni
@stevelup you made me do it didn't you.

Oliver Williams was the first across the line of those attempting official GWR titles, setting a new best for the fastest marathon dressed as an awareness ribbon (male) in a time of 2 hours 36 minutes 52 seconds.

Presumably the female record for the fastest marathon dressed as an awareness ribbon remains unbroken.

But never fear campers, "Another close finish was for the fastest marathon dressed as a tent (male), which was achieved by Oscar White in 3:57:05, three minutes under his target."

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ne ... 019-569987
By Chris Martyr
eltonioni wrote: setting a new best for the fastest marathon dressed as an awareness ribbon (male) in a time of 2 hours 36 minutes 52 seconds.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,an awareness ribbon ...?

WtF's one of them ? :D Am I really that far behind the times ? ...If you can run the London Marathon in 2h: 36m: 52s , then why on earth do you need to dress up as anything at all .

I reckon I'm the only normal one left . The rest of the world has totally lost it !........ :D
By stevelup
Basically, yes.

Ann Summers: Congratulations, here's your award.
Real Nurse: Nah, sorry love - not sexy enough.
By Dusty_B
I am torn between the gender stereotyping of a “nurse”, and the effort that must be made to compete in a given style of clothing. It would be changing the goal posts to allow any nurses uniform to be worn as it may be a very significant advantage physically.
The solution is to amend the title of the current record to “Traditional Female Nurse Costume”, and create a new record for “scrubs”.
By PeteSpencer
Don't forget categories for 'Big Ben', 'Church with Spire,' 'Church with steeple', 'water tower' 'wind farm'.

The possibilities are endless.

Peter :roll:
By Chris Martyr
Bill Haddow wrote: "Dressed as Nurse Gladys Emmanuel"?

Get the spelling correct now Bill.. :D

< cue Arkwright accent>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,y' mean the loovly Nur-nur-nurse G-Gladys... :D :D