For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By OCB
Empathy is a fascinating academic subject.

Humans aren't the only ones to exhibit the trait, and the questions surrounding whether it's a learned versus inherited behavioural trait are - well - far too geeky for here.
By PaulB
OCB wrote:Empathy is a fascinating academic subject.

Humans aren't the only ones to exhibit the trait, and the questions surrounding whether it's a learned versus inherited behavioural trait are - well - far too geeky for here.

If we still had an empathy thread, you could have tried out your inner geek on us!
By OCB
PaulB wrote:
OCB wrote:Empathy is a fascinating academic subject.

If we still had an empathy thread, you could have tried out your inner geek on us!

yeah, merging of threads - utter nightmare!

Actually worse for the mods, for whom I have a shedload of empathy :thumright:

As the great Scots philosopher - Billy Connelly said -

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”
By PaulB
OCB wrote:Actually worse for the mods, for whom I have a shedload of empathy :thumright:

Absolutely.

As the great Scots philosopher - Billy Connelly said -

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”

:D
By Bill Haddow
TheKentishFledgling wrote:The admins have decided to re-open this thread but let’s PLEASE remember the Non-Av forum states “no religion”. We accept the subject matter of this thread presents a tricky line with regards to that rule, but hopefully a bit of self moderation will be applied. We’ve also merged the Notre Dame and Empathy threads.

Play nice, folks :thumleft:

I thank the mods/admin for this. As I've posted before, there is nothing wrong with robust discussion, and nothing wrong with disagreeing per se, provided always that people avoid being disagreeable. :thumright: :thumleft:

Bill H
PaulB liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:The Callanish Stones are dated as around 2900 BC.
The Saqqara Step Pyramids around 2700BC, but for me the probability is there were earlier structures that no longer exist.
Giza got built starting from 2600 BC, based on best evidence.

That’s a pretty impressive technology ramp-up..

And dont forget the Inca's...

The answer is Space Aliens.... :clown:

Regards, SD..
By rf3flyer
JoeC wrote:There is an academic argument that the great stone building culture started in Orkney and spread from North to South...

Fixed that for you.
eltonioni liked this
By eltonioni
TheKentishFledgling wrote:We’ve also merged the Notre Dame and Empathy threads.

Ahhhhh!!!!! I was very confused, even more than usual and was trying to remember who I'd radished. :) Cheers. :thumleft:
By OCB
eltonioni wrote:
TheKentishFledgling wrote:We’ve also merged the Notre Dame and Empathy threads.

Ahhhhh!!!!! I was very confused, even more than usual and was trying to remember who I'd radished. :) Cheers. :thumleft:

With all the social délicatesse of a loud fart in an elevator, what is “radished”? I have a mental picture, but it’s probably more for the kind of website that you’ll have to prove your age.....or a certain episode of Black Adder....
eltonioni liked this
By OCB
skydriller wrote:
OCB wrote:The Callanish Stones are dated as around 2900 BC.
The Saqqara Step Pyramids around 2700BC, but for me the probability is there were earlier structures that no longer exist.
Giza got built starting from 2600 BC, based on best evidence.

That’s a pretty impressive technology ramp-up..

And dont forget the Inca's...

The answer is Space Aliens.... :clown:

Regards, SD..

:thumleft:

Lol, indeed - almost forgot about Von Däniken and his Chariots :lol:

Ahhh... the good old days when crazy conspiracy theories were the domain of sad middle aged numpties who lived in their parents attic/basement, and not mainstream.....
PaulB liked this
By Bill Haddow
This week's Bells on Sunday has been changed to a back catalogue ring from Notre Dame. As if R4 didn't broadcast enough repeats. :(

Bill H
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bill Haddow wrote:
Chris Martyr wrote:
Yeah but Bill ,,,,I had a hunch that they would do that .

Still gets my back up . .

Bill H

Bit of a quasi modo rate response
By Bill Haddow
Well I've just heard R4's Bells on Sunday from Notre Dame via the (hunch)back catalogue. It was rubbish.

No intimation of where, when, and by whom the bells were cast.
No intimation of the number of bells in the ring, nor what the tenor weighed, nor to what note the tenor was tuned.
No intimation of the change to be rung.
Then an insipid ding, ding, ding, ding, . . .

Absolute rubbish.

What we expect is something along the lines of:-

[/Bells on Sunday this week comes from the parish church of St Bawago in Gozanga Magna. It is a ring of 8 and the bells were cast by Percy Puddenpuller at the Drab's Foundry in1826. The tenor, "Old Dick", weighs 9 cwt and is tuned to G. Here we hear them ringing Big Bristols Two Bob Surprise

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG
. . . . .

Bill H