For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
He was contractually obliged not to publicly pronounce such guff, and continued to do so even after being warned.

Thought crime is a hyperbolic way of describing what we're talking about here. It's a breach of contract pure and simple.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
@eltonioni

Not quite sure what point you are making, I did nowhere suggest that he had done anything illegal nor that he should be prosecute or persecuted.

My post was a reply to RR's Question, with the Suggestion that rather than pursuit of the 'sins' and 'sinners' it would be more helpful if the religious keen paid attention to the positive and loving parts of the bible.

I think my personal view of the Rugby Player is fairly well captured by Stevelup's description.
By eltonioni
@Flyin'Dutch' To be fair, I was rambling a bit. :) My basic point still is that he broke the firm's rules, paid the price, and that's that. As I said at the beginning, I would have sacked him too, and then forgotten about it.

The outrage machine is ridiculous and it's leading to people who make laws thinking that this stuff actually matters and should be illegal. There's the thought crime, and it is happening.
By Flyin'Dutch'
eltonioni wrote:@Flyin'Dutch' To be fair, I was rambling a bit. :) My basic point still is that he broke the firm's rules, paid the price, and that's that. As I said at the beginning, I would have sacked him too, and then forgotten about it.

The outrage machine is ridiculous and it's leading to people who make laws thinking that this stuff actually matters and should be illegal. There's the thought crime, and it is happening.

Any over zealous action should be curbed.
By PaulB
One could easily argue that that is way too little, and way, way too late.

If you haven't watched it, do watch Carole Cadwalladr's TED talk. She was part of work that was nominated (and reached the final) for a Pulitzer prize.