For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill Haddow
Well, what a second half in a game of rugby. We claim the moral victory as England should have had a man sent off, we got man of the match, and we retained the Calcutta Cup. :-D :cheers: :cheers: :clap:

Apologies in advance for only communicating by keyboard for a wee while, my voice will be INOP for a bit yet.

Bill H
By Chris Martyr
Hey Bill,,,, :D

Was in my local village boozer and stood in the bar where you can't see the telly.

Don't know if that makes me 'odd' but it was great just watching the faces and listening to all the 'experts' telling the lads what they were doing wrong .

Having a grandpa from Scotland , a grandmother from co. Wexford and being born in Guildford makes me a tad non-partisan....... :D

But it is games like this that make it all such a great spectacle ,,,, :thumright: ..As long as everyone watches it , enjoys it and can go home without wanting to punch some other poor buggers lights out .....Is what sport is about innit ?... :D

D' ya reckon that we could introduce a similar philosophy into guys nav techniques ..... :D :D
By TheKentishFledgling
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Having told my two Scottish teamies this afternoon how much I was looking forward to England winning the Calcutta Cup back, I sent this after the match...

I am absolutely gutted for you guys not to win that. To come back from 31-0 to that result - well... only one team deserved the victory.

I’m glad you retain the Cup - but I think England will learn a lot and to get that last gasp try took a lot of character.

Wonderful thing sport, isn’t it

I bloody love sport.
Colonel Panic liked this
By johnm
Travelling and so missed it, but sounds as if it was a cracker :thumleft:
By PeteSpencer
You can take your £150k a week footballers and your steel encased TFL Yanks and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

Give me a good game of Union any time:

What a game!

Still think England should have taken it!

Peter :wink:
By Bob Bevan
The England v Scotland game was as exciting a match as I can remember. Who would have though at half time that at full time it would be the Scots feeling they should have won it. It does make me worry about Owen Farrell as captain as when the wheels were coming off he lost his cool rather than getting the other England players to calm down.

As a taff i also enjoyed the Wales Ireland game. They are not the most flamboyant team we have had but they are organised, fit, and graft hard. I do not recall another Welsh team who could calmly absorb attacking pressure, methodically work the ball forward, and convert such point scoring opportunities as arose. Gatland and Edwards deserve huge credit, while Alun Wyn Jones is truly in the pantheon of Welsh rugby gods.