For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By T6Harvard
Bill Haddow wrote:
T6Harvard wrote:Doing 116mph on that B road?

Why not? It has some lovely long straights (used to be the A9) and in good nick.

Bill H

But you might be coming the other way :lol:
By T6Harvard
I'm old enough to remember going over The Struie and round to Bonar Bridge, before the 'new' bridge was built! In fact, IIRC, it was still single track then.

Such a gorgeous part of the world.

My A-road journey today excelled itself. Average speed approx 2 mph :roll:
Temp FOUR WAY traffic lights in the very middle of the busy town I was heading towards. Took 30 mins to do the 4 miles. Coming home the numpty in front was doing 36-40 mph in the well marked 50mph zone. I really do want to understand why this road induces such 'steady' driving
By Bill McCarthy
Another pain on the A9. The locations of the redundant GATSO cameras (cameras gone) between Inverness and Perth still have the white gotcha lines painted on the road surface. Those not in the know slam on the brakes, even when doing 60mph, as a natural reaction to a possible breach of the limit. This especially if they are in an overtaking manoeuvre at that point - a bit scary for those behind who are overtaking too.
T6Harvard liked this
By T6Harvard
Charles Drayton wrote:
T6Harvard wrote: Average speed approx 2 mph...
...Took 30 mins to do the 4 miles.

Point of order: 4 miles in 30 mins is 8mph average.

You're very welcome.

:pig:

No wonder the bloke in front carrying the red flag was so out of breath!
Paul_Sengupta liked this
By Bill Haddow
T6Harvard wrote:I'm old enough to remember going over The Struie and round to Bonar Bridge, before the 'new' bridge was built!

Pshaw! The paint's barely dry on that one. "New" bridges? I'll see your Dornoch and raise you a Ballachulish.

Bill H
T6Harvard liked this
By Bill McCarthy
I must take a detour round the Struie for old times sake - Lady Ross watering hole long gone I hear. One of the best viewpoints in Scotland at the top.
T6Harvard liked this
By T6Harvard
Bill, don't forget to go to the Crask, as well. I have a stunning photo taken from there, just before we went in for the soup and a half of 80/

Perhaps we need a new thread? Scenic UK drives?!