For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Colonel Panic wrote:... the BBC include a photo of a Reaper drone costing USD16.9 million each in an article which states that the UK will deploy drones by the swarm at a total cost of ~ £7m.

Diane Abbot for Corbyn's Minister of Defence?

You read it here first.

Rob P
GrahamB, Colonel Panic, Ridders and 2 others liked this
By Korenwolf
[quote="OCB"}

not sure if it’s true, but I remember a story about the F-117 Stealth, it got a public outing but it’s tail was covered. At the same time Airfix released a scale model kit, with the correct tail configuration...[/quote]

When RIAT got moved to Cottesmore for a couple of years it was a much easier trip for me so I went to the show in 2001. An F-117 was in the static display, but unusually was parked on one of the taxiways with the tail sticking out towards the runway and a fence around it. A hapless US Air Force guard was running around the front of the aircraft by the crowdline yelling at everyone with a camera that they weren't to photograph the rear of the aircraft...which only made matters worse :pirat:
eltonioni liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Korenwolf wrote:When RIAT got moved to Cottesmore for a couple of years it was a much easier trip for me so I went to the show in 2001. An F-117 was in the static display, but unusually was parked on one of the taxiways with the tail sticking out towards the runway and a fence around it. A hapless US Air Force guard was running around the front of the aircraft by the crowdline yelling at everyone with a camera that they weren't to photograph the rear of the aircraft...which only made matters worse :pirat:

Anyone else remember the F-19 being displayed at the late 80s Air Fete's?

Empty parking slot with official looking chocks in the right place with F-19 written on them.. :lol: :lol:

Regards, SD..
Korenwolf liked this