For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Miscellaneous
fbm, I get neither, how can it be amusing?

What's to brag about such mindless action?

When I see this sort of behaviour I wonder if they are aware of what the target is, or whether it is just a random action? :?
By mmcp42
and these guys gave their all so bar stewards like them have the right to deface their memorial
castrate the lot of them
IMHO YMMV
Vbvern liked this
By lobstaboy
mmcp42 wrote:and these guys gave their all so bar stewards like them have the right to deface their memorial
castrate the lot of them
IMHO YMMV

Sorry, no. These guys gave their all so bar stewards like them have the right to deface their memorial
and then face appropriate penalties as decided by due legal process.
That's what they gave their all for - precisely not ridiculous knee-jerk responses like that.
G-BLEW, johnm, Nick and 4 others liked this
By mmcp42
lobstaboy wrote:
mmcp42 wrote:and these guys gave their all so bar stewards like them have the right to deface their memorial
castrate the lot of them
IMHO YMMV

Sorry, no. These guys gave their all so bar stewards like them have the right to deface their memorial
and then face appropriate penalties as decided by due legal process.
That's what they gave their all for - precisely not ridiculous knee-jerk responses like that.

ok fair enough
(still allowed to be angry though)
Ophelia Gently liked this
By rats404
Given that (as I understand it) a Royal Marine memorial and a statue of Sir Winston Churchill were also defaced, my guess is that this was some kind of "statement". I know the kind of statement I'd be making to the (!*+s who did it.
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm sure the thirty seconds of exhilaration gained by such action evaporates fast. Until I saw Rats404's post I was going to suggest it was a single act from a couple of scrotes, whom I would like to see caught and made to clean the Memorial thoroughly, preferably wearing vests explaining why they are there. That very small minority is, however, likely to revel in the outrage and although it cannot happen, a denial of publicity might help a little.

I'll take a guess that the ages of the perpetrators and those depicted by the Memorial are similar.

Sadly, our police are probably more tied up with other crimes than this desecration.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
When the catch them , a few months in pokey should be an option for the crime of defacing a memorial/criminal damage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3798328/Woman-urinated-war-memorial-jailed-seven-months.html

Do these memorials where emotions have always run high have CCTV protection?

Peter
mick w, Lockhaven liked this