For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Shackle them to a nearby immovable object , with a Placard saying what they have done , some armed Officers on guard to make sure they come to no physical harm , just for a day . :evil: :thumright:
Vbvern liked this
By Miscellaneous
mick w wrote:Shackle them to a nearby immovable object , with a Placard saying what they have done , some armed Officers on guard to make sure they come to no physical harm , just for a day . :evil: :thumright:

Sounds good, then enlist them for 3 years.

I'm sure that would help them have some respect and appreciation.
By GAFlyer4Fun
mick w wrote:Shackle them to a nearby immovable object , with a Placard saying what they have done , some armed Officers on guard to make sure they come to no physical harm , just for a day . :evil: :thumright:

Is that the immovable object in the RAF practice bombing range? Is the first day a Sunday when the pilots have a day off?
mick w liked this
By Rob L
That is such a shame. Does anyone know of any Police (Military Police?) action to investigate the crime?

I haven't seen this in the mainstream media / BBC / ITV etc. Is it of no interest to them?

Rob
By patowalker
... these heroes did for us through the Wars.

I've said this before. If my father is anything to go by, Bomber Command aircrew would laugh at being considered heros. I know what his response would have been: "Don't be so bloody silly. We just did our job."
By VictoryRoll
Rob L wrote:That is such a shame. Does anyone know of any Police (Military Police?) action to investigate the crime?

I haven't seen this in the mainstream media / BBC / ITV etc. Is it of no interest to them?

Rob

Absolutely not
We are not censored in any way by our leaders, superiors and especially not our press.
We do not seek not to strangle the free press.
Ethic minorities in northern England do not have any scandalous group behaviour to answer. We will not publish this.

Anyway let’s not distract us from achieving a Brexit “deal”

VR
By NickC
Rob L wrote:I haven't seen this in the mainstream media / BBC / ITV etc. Is it of no interest to them?

I was pleased to see it was the headline news item on the BBC London local news tonight (pleased in the sense it was deemed to be the most important news item of the day).
Rob L liked this
By PeteSpencer
gasman wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:
Do these memorials where emotions have always run high have CCTV protection?

Peter

There is no evidence that CCTV acts as a deterrence to criminals :?

You mean the tens (probably hundreds) of thousands of CCTVs in our towns and public spaces across the land serve no protective purpose?

Peter
By Rob L
Rob L wrote:That is such a shame. Does anyone know of any Police (Military Police?) action to investigate the crime?

Rob

It was on BBC Radio news this evening.
By GAFlyer4Fun
PeteSpencer wrote:When the catch them , a few months in pokey should be an option for the crime of defacing a memorial/criminal damage.

Is there any space left in pokey?

They don't deserve to live in this country.
How about a one way ticket to a war zone , and dropped out of an RAF C17 on a parachute, passport confiscated and replaced by a fake passport that blatantly makes them look like a spy, so that when they get captured they will be properly dealt with.
Hmmm, maybe too harsh. Give them a satellite phone programmed with a direct line to the modern day equivalent of RAF Bomber Command so they can make a call for help as the "enemy" close in on them. I wonder what one side of that conversation might sound like...

ring ring, ring ring.
Oh you need our help do you? Say again how many hostiles are approaching your position. Oh dear, you are so popular (not). You would like one of our modern RAF bombers to do some precision bombing to save your skin?
Standby.
Sorry, but our crews in your area have all just volunteered to clean war memorials that have been vandalised. We could send a drone to monitor the demise of your freedom but you are not worth it. Good bye.
Click.
By gaznav
This kind of stuff worries me. I fear for the country where some of its reasonable people are being hoodwinked by others with ulterior motives. There is too much left-wing, right-wing and religious extremism tolerated in our society right now - things like that the defaced aircrew stood against over 70 years ago. Whatever happened to common decency?
Lockhaven, mick w liked this
By AFSAG
Neither common decency nor common sense are that common anymore

I’d go for arrest and make them clean up the mess they have created -ie cause and effect

CCTV might not deter crime but presumably it increases the likelihood of successful prosecution....doesn’t it?

Otherwise it makes for some uncomfortable thoughts about why we have so much of it
By johnm
The basic question is why? Unless the answer is known any action is pointless or counter-productive.

I'm not sure why we ended up with all this CCTV but it is not hard for crims to ensure that it's useless as an ID tool.
By gasman
PeteSpencer wrote:
You mean the tens (probably hundreds) of thousands of CCTVs in our towns and public spaces across the land serve no protective purpose?

Peter

Peter I assume that you used to practice ‘evidence based medicine’
I repeat that there is no independant evidence that CCTV reduces the incidence of crime.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this