For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
It would be interesting indeed.

I'd forgotten the cod liver oil (grooooh). We used to be given (from a local clinic-type place) a bottle of that and a bottle of orange juice once a week.

No telephone at home, of course. If my mother wanted to make a 'phone call, it involved a two mile trek to a telephone box (two old pence per call, as I remember). There always seemed to be a queue and much muttering about people 'hogging' the telephone.

The school dentist (ghastly). And Nitty Nurse :shock:
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
^^^^^fourpence , press button "A" when the called number answered, or button "B" for your money back.
cunning kids would stuff some paper up the money return chute and periodically revisit the same phone-box, to empty the chute (but what would I know? ) ;-)

last used one in Southport in the early 70's, also had them very late in Hull, the only private Telephone Company in the country, at the time and they had cream kiosks, as opposed to the GPO red ones!
By ChampChump
They create more clutter and a conundrum for whoever has to sort out the stuff after one has died. An evil part of me must have realised that someone might feel they should wade through them in case there's a tiny gem somewhere.. :lol:
nallen liked this
I have not written a paper letter for years. I do write temporary notes/do lists on used envelopes before they either go into recycling or the shredder.

For Christmas I was given a Rocket Book Everlast so that I can hand write stuff on reusable spiral bound sheets. A smartphone app is used if want to save and/or distribute the content electronically before wiping the sheets. The ink becomes permanent if left for 15 days ish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL2aOGwm3Ak
HaHa! TBH, I was thinking of writing a little more than one word.... perhaps a sentence.... or may be even two.
By Flying_john
I have not written a paper letter for years. I do write temporary notes/do lists on used envelopes before they either go into recycling or the shredder.

Does anyone else find that nowadays, with most commuication done via keyboard, that when called on to actually write something with a pen or pencil its almost totally illegible. I even struggle to read my own writing !!
cockney steve liked this
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
PaulB wrote:HaHa! TBH, I was thinking of writing a little more than one word.... perhaps a sentence.... or may be even two.

Saturday - Went flying to Lee On Solent. Had pie and chips at Leons.

You’re far better at this than me. Now just imagine if you could say a sentence about the flight (what was good or not so good) and another few about why you chose Leon’s, what sort of pie, how good (or bad) it was and an observation about some of the other customers.

By the end of the week you’d have the makings of a novel.... :D
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Hmm. Too complicated for me.

Me too..... I don’t even get as far as your initial attempt!