For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Whatever your views on MPs and journalists, is there any need for the kind of behaviour that was shown yesterday to Anna Soubry, the Conservative MP for Broxtowe and others?

Surely no-one can condone this sort of thuggish behaviour? The above is just one of many that were tweeted yesterday, but this isn't new. Yes, disagree and demonstrate, but surely it needs to be kept civil?

Numbers of MPs and now John Bercow, the Speaker of the House of Commons, have written to the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, asking what can be done.

Edited to add.... here's the text of Bercow's letter to Cressida Dick

By rikur_
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Seems quite mild compared to aggression shown towards Councillors ahead of planning meetings for anything to do with fracking, and at least it wasn't on her doorstep with her kids at home (not condoning it, just pointed out much worse goes on).

Reminds me of the time that I was called a 'communist Nazi' by a member of the public at a Council meeting, (for supporting the fact that no public footpath existed through a girls boarding school, that a group of old men wanted the right to walk through). Still not quite sure what behaviours I would expect a communist Nazi to exhibit.
I've seen Barristers tweet that the Police should exercise their powers under the Public Order Act (1986). I wonder if thy refer to this...

S 5(1)
Harassment, alarm or distress.
A person is guilty of an offence if he—
(a)uses threatening [F1or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [F1or abusive],within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.

or S 4A

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—
(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64/contents