For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
With several long haul flights coming up I am thinking of investing in a set of good noise cancelling headphones. Does anybody have any recommendations.
(Just to be clear this is for sitting in the back of an A380/ B777 etc rather than for pilot use in a light aircraft - although as I don't have my own headset at the moment if I was to get one instead could it be used with a suitable adaptor of some sort?)

Thanks
I have a pair of cheap ANR folding headphones bought years ago at an American airport. They are great - but when I looked them up online a littke while ago, they were a discontinued model with rubbish reviews :shock:

On which basis I would say that ANR heaphones are a good idea when flying up the back, anything is better than airline provided versions - BUT pay a lot of attention to how well and compactly they fold down.

You'll pay a fraction of what you would for any halfway decent pilot headsets - so I would suggest just keeping the two separate.

G
zain_robson liked this
Sennheiser CX 3.00

You don't need noise cancelling on modern airlines, I fly them, I say, I fly them and don't need them - I heard that.....pardon.

Great headphones, tiny, different bud sizes and super light.

Besides which - you don't look like an utter twort wearing them :pirat:
Popeye liked this
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lightspeed Zulu 2 work very nicely when seated in the back - they come with the adapter to plug them into the entertainment system.
However you may only want to use them if you are also doing some flying yourself at the destination.

I have a cheap (£20) set of ANR headphones that say Kensington on them. Surprisingly good but will be no where near the quality of Bose.
Trent772 wrote:Sennheiser CX 3.00

You don't need noise cancelling on modern airlines, I fly them ...

But you are sat well ahead of those pesky Trent 772s making all the noise! Try joining us in the cheap seats and the benefit of QC 25s will become apparent!
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:
Trent772 wrote:Sennheiser CX 3.00

You don't need noise cancelling on modern airlines, I fly them ...

But you are sat well ahead of those pesky Trent 772s making all the noise! Try joining us in the cheap seats and the benefit of QC 25s will become apparent!

Indeed ........;-)

Much noisier behind them.
Bose QC35 every day. I’ve spent more time going back and forth to the west coast than I can ever remember. They are extremely comfortable (I’ve slept with them on often), provide excellent noise cancelling and are really well built. If you’re doing a lot of long haul I’d recommend them.