Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.

Moderator: Flyin'Dutch'

By Irv Lee
From observation around winter bug time, I suspect that if there was a pandemic of something fatal (eg: a type of bird 'flu), it wouldn't stop those with the early stages of it going out and coughing over everyone in the shops, pubs and open offices.... 'yes, I know I am ill, but I had to come in to finish the report...'
By eltonioni
Irv Lee wrote:From observation around winter bug time, I suspect that if there was a pandemic of something fatal (eg: a type of bird 'flu), it wouldn't stop those with the early stages of it going out and coughing over everyone in the shops, pubs and open offices.... 'yes, I know I am ill, but I had to come in to finish the report...'

Not sure how this can really be stopped in a modern workplace. Mrs E picked up a chest infection from a doctor colleague, she then gave it to me, and three months later my chest has just about cleared, but I don't have the luxury of not going in, nether does she, and I guess that her colleague thought that it would be fine too despite having a few dozen patients a day to see.

Mind you, for the last few years I got into the habit of carrying antibac gel and using it 2/3 times a day on hands and around nostrils and until this year have been totally free of the usual colds and bugs. Coincidence or correlation - I have no idea, but it smells nice.
By Irv Lee
eltonioni wrote:Mind you, for the last few years I got into the habit of carrying antibac gel and using it 2/3 times a day on hands and around nostrils and until this year have been totally free of the usual colds and bugs

Do any of them object or do you ask them first?
eltonioni liked this
By Joe Dell
They're worn to combat facial recognition cameras. Many carried by drones. It's common knowledge that most mask wearers also remove the batteries from their phones. They're referred to by the security/surveillance services as non-squawkers.