For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Mike Tango wrote:Faux outrage from the Conservatives given they seemed quite happy with this...

Given his corpulence - wasn't he just saying "Subway for sandwich"?? :roll:

...isn't it ironic, the UK has more public and private CCTV than any other State on Earth - and the politicians are still daft enough to be caught out in the Lower House...durrrr....
By Genghis the Engineer
Is it me?, but...

The word "stupid" is mildly offensive - but neither "woman " nor "people" are other than descriptive.

Also I really couldn't care less about what Jeremy Corbyn muttered under his breadth - and am far more concerned about his (in?)competence as leader of Her Majesty's opposition.

G
JAFO liked this
By Sooty25
Is he less competent than his opposition? He might have a point!
By PaulB
Genghis the Engineer wrote:Is it me?, but...

The word "stupid" is mildly offensive - but neither "woman " nor "people" are other than descriptive

If it had been (for example) Philip Hammond to whom JC had been referring, would he have been likely to have referred to his gender?

Women have to endure harassment on a daily basis and it’s not acceptable. There’s a big difference between a man dressed as Santa ringing a bell and telling Michael Gove that he’ll get no presents and this

I see what you did there :thumleft:

Nothing wrong with Corbyn channeling Arthur Lowe. They both qualify at about the same level for leadership of the country.

Rob P
rogerb, flybymike liked this
By masterofnone
PaulB wrote:Women have to endure harassment on a daily basis and it’s not acceptable.

So do men... especially if they are in the habit of saying "stupid" things!

It was disrespectful, but not sexist, any more than if he had said "stupid man" to Philip Hammond (and yes I think it's equally likely be would have said this). Arguably factual, but not sexist.

If JC had said "bluddy women", I could see a valid sexism argument.

Society does increasingly seem to like inferring intent and offence where very often, none exists. However I'm relieved that all the women I have spoken to have just rolled their eyes at the hysteria.
GrahamB, JAFO, riverrock liked this