For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bill Haddow wrote:Anyone else having problems with BT email today ?

Bill H

How are you accessing it.? I’ve found that they are focussed on browser as a client and that their imap and pop servers disappear for 24 hours every now and again....
By johnm
Sorry Bill can’t help I only use a browser when other methods don’t work.
By smokescreen
Hi Bill,
I occasionally log in to webmail to check my Spam folder. I've been nagged each time to change browser to either Chrome or Firefox as my IE11 will not be supported in the future. Wef from yesterday, when logging on, my webmail page is in Classic mode as IE11 has been dumped although speed is the same as ever!
Regards
By riverrock
I warn people against using BT, as they will block a lot of legitimate mail going to them, with no way to tell them to stop blocking it. Emails will be fine for a while, then BT will get into a bad mood with you. I'm talking about 10 person and smaller groups (like flying syndicates, charity management groups etc) - not mass mailing or SPAM.
Has caused me a bit of pain with multiple groups (and their help forum is full of people with similar problems).
By stevelup
My advice is to -never- use ISP supplied e-mail accounts as it's right PITA if you need to change ISPs...

There's just no good reason to tie these two things together.

You don't order your shopping from your ISP, or have your ISP come round and wash your windows, so why have them do your e-mail!
Colonel Panic, Cessna57 liked this
By johnm
You don't order your shopping from your ISP, or have your ISP come round and wash your windows, so why have them do your e-mail

Good point unless you’ve had the same email address since 1986 ......
flybymike liked this
By Bill Haddow
johnm wrote:Good point unless you’ve had the same email address since 1986 ......

That's pretty much my situation, possibly a couple of years fewer :pale:

Bill H
johnm liked this
By PaulB
I had a similar situation and bit the bullet and got my own domain a while back and slowly moved stuff across. It took a while but was worth it, I think....
By GrahamB
PaulB wrote:I had a similar situation and bit the bullet and got my own domain a while back and slowly moved stuff across. It took a while but was worth it, I think....

And has the advantage of getting rid of some spam, albeit only temporarily, perhaps.
By PaulB
GrahamB wrote:
PaulB wrote:I had a similar situation and bit the bullet and got my own domain a while back and slowly moved stuff across. It took a while but was worth it, I think....

And has the advantage of getting rid of some spam, albeit only temporarily, perhaps.

I recently received an email (admittedly a marketing one) from my own web/email provider which they helpfully tagged as spam! :-)
By chevvron
Use google; their spam filter is very effective and it starts quickly.