For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By The Admin Team
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Rob L wrote:
The Admin Team wrote:I

(Humff). :eye:

There may be a single set of fingers on the keyboard at any one time but, as noted frequently in the past, we are The Borg.
T67M, kanga liked this
By Rob L
I'm not resisting...just disputing (as ever) the "I" in the context of "Team".

So please disregard as you normally do :twisted:
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Laura Kuenssberg is not biased, she’s just ‘kin rude to everybody she interviews.

Being a journalist does not give her carte blanche to exercise a cynical disrespect to her interviewees.

Peter
seanxair, rikur_ liked this
By The Admin Team
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Rob L wrote:So please disregard as you normally do :twisted:

We don't disregard - we disagree.

We have explained why on a few occasions previously.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By riverrock
PeteSpencer wrote: cynical disrespect to her interviewees.

But are they not politicians? Are any of them due respect?
Kittyhawk liked this
By seanxair
riverrock wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote: cynical disrespect to her interviewees.

But are they not politicians? Are any of them due respect?

Fellow human beings doing what they consider best? For us? Be they Left, Right, Centre or Whatever?

There are some people I dislike but that doesn't mean I can be rude to them.
Flyin'Dutch', riverrock, Dave W and 4 others liked this
By Jim Jones
Lack of deference is not the same as lack of respect.

Asking “ is there anything you’d like to tell our viewers minister?” won’t hack it in these days of spin-doctored, media-trained career politicians.
Kittyhawk liked this
By Jim Jones
Dave W wrote:Talking over them and not giving them a chance to finish a sentence doesn't cut it either, though.

Because they are answering the question I posted rather than the one she asked, trying to fill in the short time they know she’s got. They are trained like circus animals to stay on message . It’s why there is so little respect for politicians who have no mind of their own.
By stevelup
I logged in once when the requirement was first introduced. I've never had to do it since apart from on a new TV.

If you really care about your 'personal data' just use a load of nonsense when registering.

In the big scheme of things to get exercised over, this scores about 0.1 out of 100...
By Pete L
The BBC does have an explicit policy to show more diversity than the high end of estimates opposed to the low end. The results of that are making it a very strange thing.

I guess they can argue that's part of their remit to educate, but at the moment it feels clumsy and results in a lot of random witterers being interviewed rather someone who can actually speak clearly about fact.

One high spot is Beyond 100 Days. That's always informative and amusing.

The need to register is a waste of resources, but so is the whole TV license thing. A single direct grant would be much more efficient.
By Bill Haddow
riverrock wrote:There are a number of internal lobby groups within the BBC ( there are a considerably larger percentage of employees that are LGBT than the general population for example ) which clearly scews content but at least it does try to be impartial.

Try listening to Women's Hour, it consists largely of vicious spats between the more arcane splinter groups within the aggressive lesbian and feminist tribes. There is the occasional flash of unconscious humour like this morning's "the majority of lesbians are women" - gee willikers, thanks for clearing that one up.

Bill H
Flyin'Dutch', Pete L liked this
By haggis
Just for the avoidance of doubt could someone out there just define for me what is “normal” as regards human behaviour? If you don’t have a condition/complex are you normal or just as screwed up as the rest of them whoever “them” might be.

Unnecessary baiting removed
By cockney steve
No telly, no problem. found it convenient to have R2 on the computer. Will not register on principle.
(I don't want to lie and I don't want to divulge personal information)
BBC are supposed to be an impartial public service broadcaster. How can that be?

@riverrock has already outpointed that they have an unbalanced representation among the lbgt community who , it must be accepted are hardly noted for their moderate views. Idon't bother with the radio, now,it's not worth the bother of plugging one in. Meanwhile , Youtube and the Forums provide entertainment, which is , at least, openly partisan and does not seem to carry a covert political subtext.

Anyone want 6-7 years of threatening, bullying,intimidatory pseudo -legal letters from TV licensing ?

Seriously thinking of suing them for harassment.....monthly threats amount to that, IMO.

We know your suggested way of managing journalistic staff, come the revolution, was posted in jest - however others may read it differently
By Flyin'Dutch'
cockney steve wrote:
Anyone want 6-7 years of threatening, bullying,intimidatory pseudo -legal letters from TV licensing ?

Seriously thinking of suing them for harassment.....monthly threats amount to that, IMO.

Not my experience.

Made the declaration via their website portal and responded to reminder emails via the same route whenever they asked (once a year or so) and no problems encountered.

I'd happily pay for the pleasure of listening to the radio they don't want money for that an would happily pay for the licence fee if my family abroad would then be able to watch the BBC abroad, but for myself I cannot see the need to pay for it as I have no time to watch television.
Kittyhawk liked this