For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
GrahamB wrote:
Irv Lee wrote:I'm a little annoyed at having to call the dog by shouting 'wuntooatedezimalzerozerofife' now instead of just wuntooatedezimalzero - I have noticed he actually responds to the original name though....

If you'd just called him 'welshpoolairtoground' you could have carried on as before.

His predecessor was called wuntoozerodezimalfowertoofife ... for fairly obvious reasons, as everyone will work out.... ( :?: :wink: )
By cockney steve
The health visitor was somewhat surprised to see Sharon call all her 7 boys "Tyrone"
"Well," explained Sharon," When I yell for them, they all come running"
" but what if you only want one? "

"easy! I just use their father's surname!"

:clown:
Spooky liked this
By Chris Martyr
....and there was me back in the 1970s feeling sorry for them poor Zappa kids , Dweazil and Moon-Unit ....
Not to mention the poor little devils of the Bowie and Bolan family .

Mind you , some of these hideous modern day 'names' , make Mr & Mrs Geldof's choices of the time seem quite tame .

Had to cringe a few years back when overhearing some woman calling to her daughter . < cue awful squawky estuary accent > " Page,,come 'ere".. :pale:

But retrospectively , I'm sure that 'Page' probably had several siblings.
Page 1 , Page 2 , Page 3,,,etc...and it's unisex . [Page Boy]

..........and for the 'non-binaries',,,Blank Page .? :clown:
By Paul_Sengupta
Irv Lee wrote:There's probably a French flyer forum equivalent with a discussion about flying with an instructor called Egg Bed

I used to work with a chap called Dean Cook. I work for a Swedish company, and we used to work both with quite a few Swedish people and also closely with Sweden.

Dean Cook is audibly the same as the Swedish "din kuk" which means "your cock".
By Irv Lee
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Dean Cook is audibly the same as the Swedish "din kuk" which means "your cock".

I thought my ears burned from time to time without proper explanation..... big bloke was he?
By Chris Martyr
Paul_Sengupta wrote:-the Swedish "din kuk" which means "your cock".

..............and in a similar vein,,,[ sorry :oops: ]

My first big love , who came from that same neck of the woods , thought it totally hilarious when told that my parents neighbours were , Mr & Mrs Fitter .

[spelling not quite the same , but pronunciation identical]
Paul_Sengupta liked this
By Korenwolf
Yep, a mate of mine had it happen to him as well, when working in Amsterdam as a contract aircraft engineer. One night in the bar they got chatting to a couple of female flight attendants from Norway....when asked what job they did, my mate said "We're fitters"
By Irv Lee
Irv Lee wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Dean Cook is audibly the same as the Swedish "din kuk" which means "your cock".

I thought my ears burned from time to time without proper explanation..... big bloke was he?

By akg1486
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Irv Lee wrote:There's probably a French flyer forum equivalent with a discussion about flying with an instructor called Egg Bed

I used to work with a chap called Dean Cook. I work for a Swedish company, and we used to work both with quite a few Swedish people and also closely with Sweden.

Dean Cook is audibly the same as the Swedish "din kuk" which means "your cock".

At the time when I worked for the same company as Paul, we had a Swedish gentleman (who frequently met with colleagues and customers in the UK) named Puke. The name is pronounced with two distinct syllables in Swedish, but he was inevitably known as "Mr Puke" with English pronounciation.