For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By eltonioni
kanga wrote:
Miscellaneous wrote:..
For me it is not his appearance per se that is insulting, it is the thinking behind the conscious decision..

I had been trying gently to suggest that 'thinking .. conscious decision' may be, in light of the long history of JC over the years, misplaced. Obviously, anyone is perfectly free to regret or even to condemn a lack of 'thinking' or' consciousness' in this particular context.

You're probably overthinking it, giving him more credit than he deserves. Corbyn just thinks that he's right and doesn't give a stuff about the alternative.
By Miscellaneous
eltonioni wrote:
kanga wrote:Corbyn just thinks that he's right and doesn't give a stuff about the alternative.

I can buy that eltonioni, I'm struggling to understand why some seem to be making excuses for him. IMO there are none, he's not an adolescent, he's a 'prospective' PM, albeit he's acting like an adolescent. :evil:
By NickS
Five pages (so far) on a coat. Would that people were as outraged at the way we treat ex-servicemen, servicewomen and their families....
rogerb liked this
By eltonioni
Would respectfully suggest that the priority is not having Corbyn & Co in charge of anything, including whelk stalls.
By Sooty25
Careful, he maybe running more than a whelk stall soon. If anyone spots him buying a smart coat, we are all bu88ered, if we aren't already!
By Miscellaneous
NickS wrote:I realise what it is about but I question people’s priorities.

Care to explain how you reach your conclusions on how others priortise, based on their comments on this topic?
By NickS
I have no idea how people decide prioritise things as that would either require me to read minds or ask them. Those priorities surface when the discussion on a man’s ability to hold high office centres on what he wears rather than his policies or abilities. I would rather have a scruffy person who can do the job (and I am not saying whether he can or not) than a polished product of a public school who cannot relate to the majority - but if they can do a better job, let them be judged on that rather than a nice overcoat. If that really matters, it is a very shallow argument.

On a day when we publicly remember the dead and all those affected by war, maybe consider the treatment of ex-servicemen and women and whether the political party of our choice is doing enough to address the problems they face. That would be my priority but not just on one day each year.
kanga liked this