Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Colonel Panic
Depends on what additional works (if any) are required, but it'll be ~£8k +. I remain to be convinced about their financial sense*, but I am happy to experiment & learn.

Having solar PV panels makes them much more attractive.

*For me, the payback period is likely to be 12+ years, whereas the PV panels will pay themselves back in 7-8 years.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PaulB
So that 8k includes PV. Not sure how effective PV are on an east/west aligned roof as ours is. I guess the payback would be longer.
By Miscellaneous
Sitting in the dark kicking myself for not maintaining the generator it crossed my mind how many won't be able to use their car tomorrow. :?
AndyR liked this
By Miscellaneous
Indeed, however widescake power outages as now are likely to have a greater impact. Even with 3 quarters of a tank my range is approx twice an electric car with full charge and driving to fill up elsewhere is easier and quicker.

Not a reason not to buy an EV, just a consideration.
By Rob P
Tesla v Audi Estate

Rob P
By skydriller
Rob P wrote:Tesla v Audi Estate

Tesla do an Estate/break??
By Rob P
Not that I know of, but they do have that pick-up thing on the stocks

Rob P
By AndyR
Rob P wrote:Not that I know of, but they do have that pick-up thing on the stocks

Rob P

Who in their right mind would buy one though?
By Miscellaneous
@Paul_Sengupta I empathise Paul. I did wonder about the red warning in your area of Wales (not that your other home area is faring well). FiL is in Barry, so we have been watching how it develops.

We are now back on grid after 7 hours down. Must get that generator running!! :evil:

Let's say I am glad I don't live in the south and own an EV having to get to work tomorrow. :wink: