For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@Flying_john I guess you made that judgement without watching it to the end? :wink:

Nope - watched it all , but who commits to a video when you like 264 things about a car to moan about 6 things that at least some of which are due to him not reading the on screen manual.

AT least he is a more reasoned person than the other two, bigger prats, but I would have expected better from him.
By Miscellaneous
Flying_john wrote:

Nope - watched it all , but who commits to a video when you like 264 things about a car to moan about 6 things that at least some of which are due to him not reading the on screen manual.

Actually 2837 is the number of things he loves. I guess someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously would commit to such a video seeing it as a bit of fun. :wink:

It worked for me. Didn't make me think he is a PRAT. :D
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By stevelup
Tell you who are PRATs and that's Tesla. This isn't new news (happened last year) but it was new to me.

They have partnered with FCA (Fiat/Chrysler) to bundle their cars with their own so that FCA meet the emissions targets etc to avoid huge fines.

Masses of cash goes to Tesla and FCA carry on churning out filthy cars. How environmentally sound that is....
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob P
stevelup wrote:Masses of cash goes to Tesla and FCA carry on churning out filthy cars. How environmentally sound that is....

Oh how zealous are the new converts.

I seem to recall you proudly owning and eulogising some hugely filthy BMW in an earlier life :lol:

"He uses PETROL! Stone him!"

Rob P
By stevelup
To be fair, my current car is the 530e and many weeks I run entirely on battery, and even when it is using the ICE, the emissions are lowest in class.

I've only put fuel in it three times since March!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By skydriller
stevelup wrote:I've only put fuel in it three times since March!

Same for my GFs BMW - 1.8 Diesel... I would like to have put more it it... :(
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Fellsteruk
I Watched he’s the event last night, If they deliver on even half of the claimed 69% cost reduction /kWh it would be amazing.

They also hinted to a new model in the compact segment which would be “affordable”

Regardless of if you love or hate Tesla, their innovation and pace of change is vast.
By eltonioni
Promises promises, we're still waiting for the Hyperloop doomtoob between SF and LA in 2019. The man's a share shilling charlatan.
By Miscellaneous
@eltonioni what's behind your run of focussing on the negative across threads and ignoring the facts? In this case the facts are what he has delivered.

I'm no fan, but credit where credit is due.
By eltonioni
@Miscellaneous I'm just not into personalities. There's a massive team of talent at work while he's out shilling for investors and share deals with nonsense. The cars are interesting albeit warmed over rebrands, reworks and incorporations of other people's tech - eg Panasonic batteries. Tesla has certainly forced the tiny incrementers in trad' car firms to up their game a bit faster than they would have liked so that's definitely a good output. Teardowns of the cars have been a bit disappointing and the open source patent thing is a bit smoke and mirrors.

Most of all I think that firms should aim to make a profit, not suck profits out of other companies via "investment".

TBF it's the Hyperloop that's really pished me off as sustainable transport is too important to distract silly politicians and policymakers with dead end nonsense.

The peado cave diver Twitter thing wasn't a great moment either. I'm probably wrong on some counts but I have thought about it so thanks for asking. ;)
Last edited by eltonioni on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By stevelup
The thing I can't get over is the fact that they sell their carbon credits to dirty ICE makers for filthy $$$

That, to me, totally flies in the face of a whole chunk of the good they have done.
GrahamB liked this
By Flyingfemme
Yes, but what are carbon credits for, if not to sell to filthy carbon creators?