For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sure, not defending Musk as such - his attitude to this right from the start has been bizarre to say the least, if not dangerous.

But I can also understand where he is coming from - it seems pretty dumb that a modern manufacturing plant can't be up and running. It's not beyond the wit of man to put in place suitable mitigations.
By skydriller
Yet many in Europe are ridiculing Americans who suggest that their economy is important and have protested they dont want a lockdown. Here in highly populated Europe we tend to forget that the vast majority of the US is not in any way like here.
By stevelup
Well, just to be clear, I'm not suggesting there shouldn't be a lockdown there - it's clear though that there isn't much pragmatism being applied.

I don't believe here we ever prevented manufacturing (of any kind) from being halted?

There's a balance to be found...
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By GrahamB
Paraphrased quote from the BBC2 series of DEVS which has just finished - 'The trouble with the heads of Tech companies is that they all end up thinking they are the Messiah'.

Brilliant series BTW - I'm surprised it's not been mentioned elsewhere on the forum yet.
Last edited by GrahamB on Sun May 10, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Miscellaneous
GrahamB wrote:'The trouble with the heads of Tech companies is that they all end up thinking they are the Messiah'.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had Musk in mind when they came up with that one, very apt. :lol:
By Flyin'Dutch'
Musk is a prime example of being brilliant at some things and pretty rubbish at others; that is why most companies and relationships work best if there are complementary traits and skills in the mix.
Colonel Panic liked this
By Rob P
Ooops. That's a bit of a pain for the owners. I am guessing it will be inop in the next software upgrade

Rob P
By Rob P
Indeed it does. I am guessing if it isn't overturned there will be issues with type approval across the EU. They can hardly approve a vehicle which is unsafe in everyday operation.

Rob P
Miscellaneous liked this
By Miscellaneous
I'm surpassed the designers overlooked such a basic function. It is not as if there hasn't been discussion about the legality of adjusting other centrally controlled functions, particularly via touchscreen.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
I wondered about why you would want to control something as basic as that through a touchscreen. Surely the concept of HOTAS hasn't passed Tesla by?

It rather seems as if they have done it because it's 'cool' and they can. Makes no ergonomic sense

Rob P
By eltonioni
It's not cool, it's just cheap. Look out for the upcoming three wheeled Tesla Robin.