For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Barcli
Regrettably (?) we have several vehicles of various sizes and types in our family inorder to tick the many hobby boxes...
Our cars all have different policies and expiry dates -as do a couple of motorcycles - as does the horse lorry - as does the boat.....
It is all too complicated sometimes to keep track of and keep everyone insured in the correct vehicle at the correct times of year.
I know there are companies that do muli-car but this is more than that.
I need an old fashioned broker - one point of contact- to whom I can give all the requisite info ,that I trust (through recommendation?) - that is as competitive as the compare websites - who can change things as they are bought/sold/changed - online access would be good
Any ideas ?
TIA
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Another vote for NFU as a good place to start, they do our houses and cars and they have a system for custom policies, very competitive with the likes of Hiscox and even Direct Line.
If any of the stuff is older (as in pre 1990) I recommend Hagerty. The only company we have found who will mix cars and bikes on one policy. Multi-owners and multi-driver/rider. Good value and know their stuff.
By Rob P
When I need a broker to sort the difficult stuff I always turn to A-Plan, Thatcham branch. They seem very switched on and very hard working for their cut

Rob P