For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JAFO
Clearly my answer to the original the question is: "No, I don't." As I have never seen any of the programmes mentioned and haven't heard of most of them. As Steve sorry asked: "Where do you find the time?"
By PaulB
JAFO wrote:Clearly my answer to the original the question is: "No, I don't." As I have never seen any of the programmes mentioned and haven't heard of most of them. As Steve sorry asked: "Where do you find the time?"

People’s choices are, errr, their choices. There are few absolute rights and wrongs and a very good thing that is.
By Rob P
Of the programmes mentioned, just The Bodyguard and I'm not finding that compulsive. I've dropped a week behind I think.

Celeb Masterchef and that's about it since Arthur Williams finished.

You can probably guess I don't watch a lot of tele.

Rob P
By PaulB
Rob P wrote:You can probably guess I don't watch a lot of tele.

:-)

There's always Killing Eve wich starts tomorrow.

or Strangers which will be on ITV catchup.

....or for something *completely* different, how about The Mighty Redcar

The link is a review to the second of 4 episodes....

In the second of four episodes, The Mighty Redcar (BBC Two) continues its quiet, humane exploration of life in the northern seaside town. Its steelworks closed in 2015, resulting in a cataclysmic loss of 3,000 jobs. Film-maker Dan Dewsbury moved to Redcar for a year and his embedding in the town shows in every thoughtfully captured moment of this sublime documentary.

It's on iPlayer here
Hi Rob
I was messing around on the internet a few days ago a type in E-Type LMB 537C. A post came up with your name on it saying you used to own the car. The car was off the road for 38 years but 4 years ago we restored the car and she's back - no longer a heap of poo!!!
On Sunday we start a three week Round Britain Coastal Drive with the e-type club. Details on their website. We start in Tenby going clockwise. If you would like to know more our email address is
thepitfield at btinternet dot com
Paul & Rachel Pitfield
Rob P liked this
By JAFO
PaulB wrote:
JAFO wrote:Clearly my answer to the original the question is: "No, I don't." As I have never seen any of the programmes mentioned and haven't heard of most of them. As Steve sorry asked: "Where do you find the time?"

People’s choices are, errr, their choices. There are few absolute rights and wrongs and a very good thing that is.

Paul, I agree with what you say but fail to understand how your points relate to my earlier post.
By Rob P
Pitfield93 wrote:Hi Rob
I was messing around on the internet a few days ago a type in E-Type LMB 537C. A post came up with your name on it saying you used to own the car. The car was off the road for 38 years but 4 years ago we restored the car and she's back - no longer a heap of poo!!!
On Sunday we start a three week Round Britain Coastal Drive with the e-type club. Details on their website. We start in Tenby going clockwise. If you would like to know more our email address is
thepitfield at btinternet dot com
Paul & Rachel Pitfield

Well isn't that bloody amazing :shock:

I'll drop you an email and try to meet up with you/it as you pass East Anglia

Rob P
By Rob P
Rob P wrote:You can probably guess I don't watch a lot of tele.

PaulB wrote:There's always Killing Eve which starts tomorrow.

Watched Ep1 and went straight onto Ep2. I'm guessing we'll have binged the entire show by Wednesday. Stylish, cool, not taking itself too seriously. Quality tele.

:thumleft:

Rob P
PaulB, nallen, malcolmfrost liked this
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
^^^ Me too. Very watchable -- great cast, snappy and witty script.
Rob P liked this
By Spooky
Don’t watch “live” tv much, we use subscription services like Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Netflix we’re watching Ice Pilots (comical but nice footage), Better Call Saul, and some of the Marvel series.

Amazon Prime - Preacher is good (a bit crude at times!) an dthere’s a nice selection of aircraft documentaries at the moment (V-bombers, Lightning etc)

We did enjoy the Arthur Williams mini-series on Channel 4, but generally we avoid the main channels as they’re usually so depressing! It’s no wonder the nation is so upset/angry when you see the U.K. news/ documentaries / propaganda , rarely anything positive :(
By kanga
Pete L wrote:I'm always suspicious of preachy drama which is the BBC's stock in trade now....

hmm.. of the dramas which I have watched recently which I might have called 'preachy' there were only 'Homeland' and 'The Handmaid's Tale', both C4 (and both, IMHO, very good but not necessarily very cheering), ie not BBC. Obviously, there may have been qualifying BBC ones which I missed.
By Rob P
OK, just caught up with the most recent two episodes of The Bodyguard. The plot holes are enormous, but if you are happy to just sit back and go with it then it's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

But more importantly the Blu-Ray disc of the Spitfire Documentary is in transit to me. Now that really is worth the time to watch.

Rob P
By PaulB
Just watched episode 2 of Black Earth Rising, and I didn't expect that at the beginning. The 1st episode was mere scene setting for this.....

If you watched last week's and were going to give this week's a miss.... don't.

Oh, and Killing Eve is fab. It's scripted by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who wrote comedy series Fleabag. (How many of you watched that? It was very funny in parts.) It is however based on a set of stories called Code Villanelle by one Luke Jennings, who in his day job is the dance critic for The Observer. So.... a dance critic writes spy stories which are then converted into a TV series by a comedy writer. I can hardly do one thing well!!
By OCB
I just got myself a 10" Amazon HD Fire tablet - and ended up with an Amazon Prime subscription.

I'm not a telly fan, spent many years of my adult life without one - which sounds a bit odd, but my excuse is "I had better things to do" :oops:

The missus is a huge "consumer" though.

The Amazon tablet is primarily for reading - but I have to say I'm quite enjoying Amazon Prime Video, i binged on Jack Ryan, and now half way through Man in the High Castle.

I know it's not "real" telly - like back when I was a kid. When I explain to my lot that we had 3 channels on our dodgy (black and white) goggle-box, that there was no "pause" or recording etc - they simply can't comprehend what I'm saying.

When I missed the end of Dr Who - I had to wait until the next school day and ask around. TOTP Top 10 etc was the same. Snooker was funnier in b&w of course...and I swear to this day it was possible to tell the difference in the ball colours!
By Rob P
OCB wrote:When I explain to my lot that we had 3 channels on our dodgy (black and white) goggle-box

Bloody luxury!

We had one channel that stopped broadcasting between 6pm and 7:30.

Rob P