For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
May as well start this off as anyone :lol:

What aviation Chrimbo pressies did you receive from Santa then?

I have enought to keep me occupied for a few days:

Basic Aerobatics - R.D.Campbell/B. Tempest

Introduction to Aeros video - in a 152 aerobat, appropriate for when she arrives back in the hangar.

Set of chocks - so I don't have a runaway 'plane again :oops:

Morse Code Cracker DVD - so I don't have to spend hours looking up all those dits and dahs :lol:

100 Years of Aviation book

Think there may be some more to follow - lucky me 8)
By jane
Being a Santa ignorer I therefore do not have to put up with Santa stockings. However my mum put some cash in my hand and said to buy something frivolous. She did not look best pleased when I started mentioning aviation items!! OK aviation is not frivolous but does give a lot of pleasure where as frivolous stuff merely makes me go Yuk.
By 2Donkeys
Being a Santa ignorer

Hmmm.... You're getting predictable Jane :D:D

Santa appears to have deposited loads of pressies in the Donkey household, but we are not allowed to open them until Grandma and Grandad Donkey turn up. Things will turn ugly with the baby Donkeys if that doesn't happen soon :shock:
By AndyR
Things will turn ugly with the baby Donkeys if that doesn't happen soon

Know what you mean - I got an earful when I shot out to do a job just as the kids surfaced :? Before I left a couple of hours ago the living room was like a bombsite, wrapping paper etc everywhere :lol: :lol:
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
One of the more unusual items in my stocking was a tub of "Quickies" nail polish remover pads. Lisa had remembered a comment I made about needing some to wipe the permanent marker lines off my laminated charts (atleast I presume that's how Farty Christmas found out). They include vitamin B5, to keep the charts in tip-top condition.

I also got a "Mickey Mouse Airlines Inc" T-shirt, if that counts as aviation related.

Merry Christmas

Simon
By Adam
So far a book First Light RAF 2nd World War Spitfire Pilot Book.

Otherwise the Toad Household is like the Donkey Household but awaiting Paternal Grand Parent, the Maternal one has turned up already!

Which is why I'm checking out the Forum :D :D :D
By Rupert S
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:One of the more unusual items in my stocking was a tub of "Quickies"

Any non-pilots would just think that present was dirty. :mrgreen:
By Carole P
Nothing aviation related at all but simply loads of frivolous stuff. I had to wait until this afternoon to open everything , with the two hounds trying to take the paper of everything before I could get to them.
Got something which has Therapy written on the side of it mind, wonder if someone is trying to tell me something :?
By AfricanEagle
I received some cash from an aunty, works out to 55 minutes in the Cub :lol:

AE
By scuderia
Rupert S wrote:
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:One of the more unusual items in my stocking was a tub of "Quickies"

Any non-pilots would just think that present was dirty. :mrgreen:

I think we were all hoping it was going to be dirty :mrgreen: :colors:

Scud
By scuderia
Anyhow got another filofax this Christmas :doh: :doh:

I hate them :furious: :furious: :shaking2: :shaking:

Scud
By Lodesman
The best present of all - the whole family here, back from their various haunts.

The house really comes alive.
By Keef
Wife, elder daughter, three granddaughters, excellent lunch with a nice bottle of Australian shampagne.

For Keef: packet of wine gums, bottle of vintage port, novelty key ring. (We have a pact here - no Christmas presents for adults: it was getting silly). Then watched the children with their new stuff.

Tomorrow it's younger daughter plus husband and dog.
By AndyR
Having now read my new book on Basic Aerobatics I am looking forward to putting some/all of it into practice. Very good book for those that are interested, simply written but really informative. Feel I have really learnt something today.

Phone call coming soon flyguy :P

Edited to add : R.D.Campbell and B.Tempest
BASIC AEROBATICS
Published by Airlife Publishing

Recommended read for the beginner I reckon.
Last edited by AndyR on Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jenni Morton
the bestest present - being with both son and daughter at the same time!
plus lots of close friends and enjoying (yep actually enjoyed) playing silly games!
touching one of the china - or shold that be chinese - terra cotta soildiers
magnificant and breathe- taking ,knowing they are older than me!

Christmas stocking avaition area was disappointing having requested the trev tom books! but they don't understand the aviation thing :(
but have got ducks :D bath lights :D garden jenga :D :D and a battery operated smart car :shock:
For me - with the absence of desired grand children! one of the best!

I having read the above delighted that christmas morning does not change where youngsters are concerned - delightful!
glad you all enjoyed
jenni

before the day is out - lets just give a thought to those who have found today extremely difficult - the recently breveaved, divorced or those unwillingly separated from loved ones and our boys in Iraq.