For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By cotterpot
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
One for the techies i think. :?:

I have a Moto E (2ndGen ) phone and on it I have EasyVFR and dropbox.

If I select a .GPX route file from dropbox it opens EasyVFR which then confirms it has been downloaded in the routes file, from which I can select it via the menu.

I have a new phone - Moto 6g play - but when I select a .GPX file in dropbox - doesn't matter whether they are old or newly created - Easy VFR opens as normal but I then get a box which says 'File 3f3c ...loads of numbers, letters and hyphens..is an unsupported file type'.

I have deleted/ reloaded EasyVFR but no luck so far. As a backup it was/ may have been useful and I would like to be able to do it again but if not I'll just have to live with the GTN650 and my tablet. :)

Anything else I can do to checkout this issue?

PS the .GPX files are from SDlite.

Thanks
By Sooty25
I think your problem is the GPX files are in the wrong folder on your phone. The have to be in the UKAAImport folder for EasyVFR to load them.

I use it with sdlite, but email the gpx file to my phone, them save it to the UKAAImport folder. Load via menu.
By Aerials
I think that your Moto E 'knows' what to do with that file type but your new phone doesn't. I'm nowhere near being an Android expert but this is my experience.
On my Android tablet I had AirspaceAvoid for a while and round about the time it became EasyVFR Basic, someone showed me how to get .gpx files from a cheap but useless navigation program into AA or EVFR, I can't now remember.
Basically, it involved a lot of faff with e-mailing the file to myself and downloading it. What I had do do then was copy, find the Internal Storage directory using a file explorer, then paste it into a certain file folder where EVFR (or AA) reads it then deletes it from that folder. I currently have 2 file folders in Internal Storage; UKAAImport and EasyVFRimport. Those folders are exactly the names I have typed and both are empty.
I then close the file explorer and start EVFR, Menu, Route Load. Every route I have ever done this way is listed and the one I just tried opens and works. Perhaps finding your .gpx file and putting it into the appropriate folder will work for you.
By cotterpot
Sorted - thanks both.
As you said new phone needs routes putting into UKAAImport folder. Old phone obviously knew this - I must have set up the download path originally but forgot this time - old age creeping up. :wink:

thanks again.
Aerials liked this