For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I once went to see Canada play Sweden in ice hockey, in Stockholm, at the Globen, Thought you'd all like to know that.

OK then Paul , I'll throw my anorak in on this one . But I was dragged along by my "arbetskamrater" to watch an England v Sweden friendly at the RasundaStadion , Solna in 1978.
When they shook me at the end to wake me up , I was told that it apparently was a 0-0 draw. :cry:
Robin500 wrote:I find it quite sad that some feel the need to disparage and jibe at our national sport, at every opportunity .

Who mentioned cricket?

Rob P
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pete L wrote:And the Canadians prove a maple leaf of a defence that the merkins have a World Series of baseball. (I hadn't realised that the Blue Jays were actually allowed to win it. Twice).

I believe the 'World' bit originates from the title of thenewspaper that sponsored the series rather than the Septics setting up a closed competition solely so they can claim the title.

Me, I'm world champion of lobbing balls of paper into my wastepaper basket.
Chris Martyr wrote:Oh and don't even mention Ice Hockey as a Canadian national sport with that Swedish fella around.

Don't mind that at all. The Canucks are crazier than we are about hockey. And they, together with the Americans, have the best league by far.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Bill Haddow wrote:Dick Advocaat was a fairly successful manager at Rangers, among other teams.

If the players misbehaved, did he give them final warninks?

Got to keep an eye on that bad behaviour, otherwise it snowballs.
Cessna57 wrote:Yay! England Won..

yay.. let's smash up an ambulance..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44756829

and people wonder why it's called ChavBall ?

And the local Millwall fans' response...

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... DZrbkJJxjv

Sadly I doubt either the original action or this one will unconfirm peoples existing bias.
JoeC wrote:Sadly I doubt either the original action or this one will unconfirm peoples existing bias.

Nope ! Unfortunately with good reason too Joe !

The Millwall Supporters group are setting up a crowdfunding campaign as a make-good gesture towards the damage sustained by the ambulance .

So the taxpaying public [ who have already paid for the vehicle once ] are expected to dig deep and assist in alleviating the collective consciences of those from within the game who [quite correctly] find this somewhat embarrassing .

Had it been the beer-bellied , shaven-headed , tattooed thugs who were being brought to account , then maybe there could be a shred of sympathy .

Sorry , but the game's rotten to the core as far as I'm concerned . Played by thugs , watched by thugs and officiated over by gangsters. [ What say you , Herr Blatter]

And if "Football's coming Home" , then I'm leaving !