For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mine's OK, but which flavour are you using? There's BT and BT yahoo, which most consumers use (me included) and that can be accessed via web browser or email client and email client can use POP or IMAP. Quite often the POP server goes down ……...
By Bill Haddow
johnm wrote:Mine's OK, but which flavour are you using? There's BT and BT yahoo, which most consumers use (me included) and that can be accessed via web browser or email client and email client can use POP or IMAP. Quite often the POP server goes down ……...

Thanks, John - you are probably right 'cos it's working OK on my phone and tablet, but not on my laptop.

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it !

Bill H :(
By johnm
Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it !

In my experience the answer is patience as it’s unlikely to be your end if you haven’t changed anything
By Miscellaneous
Huh, my BT email working fine is about the only positive thing I can say about BT at the moment.

The hollow apologies and empty gestures and assurances infuriate almost as much as the failure of action! :roll:
By cockney steve
^^^^^^^^^^^ quick cure for that!.......PLUSNET! BT's other arm....same carp, lower price. had to get really belligerent and insist they passed correspondence to their legal dept if they weren't prepared to sort their mess out.. they sorted it after 6 weeks or so.
after 40 odd years of BT's monopoly abuse, I moved to plusnet on a year's prepaid contract, then back to bt , a similar year prepaid, but a lot cheaper.....then back to plusnet, that's where the trouble started!
Zen is the D's B's but far from the cheapest.
By Bill Haddow
johnm wrote:
In my experience the answer is patience as it’s unlikely to be your end if you haven’t changed anything

John, you were right enough.

I had a frustrating 30 minutes worth of being passed from pillar to post on BT "Help"line - each new "helper" wanting my name, address, and post code. Each said that they could log on to the BT website no problems, so it must be a fault at my end. (A curious fault if it only affected my access to BT's website and no other, and I hadn't had any Windows updates or changed any settings.) I gave up with them. I then discovered that if I used Edge instead of Internet Explorer it worked fine.

About 36 hours later it was working OK with Internet Explorer.

Bill H
johnm liked this