For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
morticiaskeeper wrote:
This one is a bit more galling than last time because I was doing 70 in a 70. But the vehicle type was wrong. If I had put windows in the side and filled it with heavy people, I would have been ok.

Not OK if you hadn't the appropriate licence group and hadn't insured the vehicle as a bus. In any case, the speed limit for buses / minibuses is 60 on a dual c/w and 70 on a motorway, same as light commercials.

Bill H
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lerk wrote:Motorhomes on the other hand are 60 single carriageway and 70 dual because beds, sinks and popup roofs massively decrease the braking distances and maneuverability of a van...

If a person makes use of the lavatory on a mobile home while in motion is the overall mass of the motorhome reduced beteeen release and splashdown?

What if the same experiment were conducted on a conveyer belt? With a tailwind.
GolfHotel liked this
Bill Haddow wrote:
morticiaskeeper wrote:
This one is a bit more galling than last time because I was doing 70 in a 70. But the vehicle type was wrong. If I had put windows in the side and filled it with heavy people, I would have been ok.

Not OK if you hadn't the appropriate licence group and hadn't insured the vehicle as a bus. In any case, the speed limit for buses / minibuses is 60 on a dual c/w and 70 on a motorway, same as light commercials.

Bill H
It all depends on the class of the vehicle. N1 or M1.

It is extremely difficult to know just by looking. I've been investigating vehicles to buy and it isn't obvious without doing a check

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Lerk wrote: ...l because beds, sinks and popup roofs massively decrease the braking distances and maneuverability of a van...

The science behind any of these, other than the pop-up roof deployed at speed, decreasing the braking distance defeats me.

Rob P
flybymike wrote:
If a person makes use of the lavatory on a mobile home while in motion

Oddly enough I did exactly that yesterday afternoon. My wife who was driving now confirms no detectable increase in speed and I confirm only slightly erratic fluid delivery.

Coriolis effect?
flybymike liked this
By nallen
flybymike wrote:
If a person makes use of the lavatory on a mobile home while in motion

Oddly enough I did exactly that yesterday afternoon. My wife who was driving now confirms no detectable increase in speed and I confirm only slightly erratic fluid delivery.

She wasn't trying hard enough, or hadn't seen this:

flybymike liked this
By T67M
Rob P wrote:
T67M wrote:
We all know what points make... Significantly increased insurance premiums for the next seven years. And the fine that goes with the points is more than the course attendance fee.

Yes, that's the legend, but what about some facts instead?

I don't work in the insurance industry, so I can only go by the premiums I paid before I got 3 points and the premiums I'm paying now. I used to be able to insure two cars for around £450 per year. The same cars, the same drivers, now cost me £650.