For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Miscellaneous
Paul_Sengupta wrote:All I get in my garden is next door's cat!

Paul, I think it's a matter of perspective. I can't help but think there are gardens and there are gardens, with very little resemblance to each other :wink:
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paultheparaglider wrote:.... a breeding pair down on the Newport marshes for a couple of years now.

Tantric sex?
By Paultheparaglider
That is the difference between a breeding pair and a pair breeding. :wink:

Anyway, we saw them again today in a nearby field, so with any luck there will be some babies on the way.
By Paultheparaglider
Miscellaneous wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:All I get in my garden is next door's cat!

Paul, I think it's a matter of perspective. I can't help but think there are gardens and there are gardens, with very little resemblance to each other :wink:

On the plus side, it doesn't look like it would take Paul three hours to cut his grass. My next garden will be more like his.
Miscellaneous liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
If it hasn't gown too much I can do my grass in the back garden in 10 mins. 20 mins front and back, and that includes my neighbour's lawn as well. That includes getting the mower out and putting it away. :D

I do have a bush on the fence at the back of the back garden, and I think there actually may be birds nesting in there but I haven't investigated too closely. Generally the only birds I get are blackbirds pecking around on the lawn. I get the odd robin and sometimes a wood pigeon gets lost... There are magpies around but they don't seem to land in the back gardens. Might be something to do with the plethora of cats in the area.
By AerBabe
Current garden is carp for wildlife - too many houses with not enough gardens. I've seen a sparrowhawk in the area though.

Previous garden was full of birds - they came for the food and the nesting material.

(Flinty - do you need a reminder of how to resize images? :scratch:
Dave W liked this
By Mr Bags
Sadly the magpies seem to have done their damage to a blackbird nest and chicks in the garden. Quite a pitiful sight watching the blackbird mum. But that's nature I suppose. :(
By Miscellaneous
Just sat down to dinner and on my second mouthful I thought; 'what's that', on the third I was convinced and jumped up to the window. :D :D

Sure enough it was either a very large pod of dolphin, or two pods. Estimated distance is around 2/2.5km when spotted and didn't get much closer than 1.5km (yip 'ther half is still saying how did you see them).

"We" only have a 300mm lens (it ain't mine :wink: ), so best I could do:
By Miscellaneous
Many apologies Paul, but I'm sure I shared with you that I no longer live next door to Nessie. :D

I could wax lyrical about my meetings with Nessie, as I often did with the tourists, unfortunately I think you may pick up on the significance of my sightings being as I left the pub. :lol: