For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By AerBabe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There was a smaller visitor to the garden a couple of evenings ago. I didn't have time to get my proper camera, and this was the best I could manage on my phone while trying to keep the dogs away (note the damp nose print...dog's, not mine.)

By Miscellaneous
Dave, as usual the photographs don't do it justice..I'm still in awe. I saw my next door neighbour set off with another local when I nipped out, when I returned I noticed a few playing off shore and stopped to tell my neighbour's wife, she called him on his mobile and they paddled back from 2/2.5km off. It went on for a long time (hour to an hour and a half) they covered a huge area. I looked out the window about half 10 wondering why there was a largish boat sitting in an unusual place. Think it may have been porpoise this time playing around the bow.

I'm looking forward to seeing my neighbours photographs. :thumright:
Dave W liked this
By Flintstone
This evening I noticed two robins flitting around the garden, very keen to see what I could turn over in soil and compost.

They’re carrying insects back to the nesting box so I assume there’s good news. I’ll try to get pictures tomorrow.
By Cessna57
This year the garden has gone crazy.

We have a pigeon on a nest in the tree, a collar dove on a nest in the pyracantha, a wren in the nesting box and a blackbird nest in the hedge.

Whole garden is 25’ square and we sit out there quite a bit, birds are completely not fussed about us.

I’ll do some pics.

The collar dove and pigeon are funniest, both completely out in the open.
By Irv Lee
This utility room burglar hiding his identity by turning his back definitely has a newly fledged chick visible but he leaves it under a nearby bush whilst food is colected and flown back for chick, the chick not yet learned we are a soft touch under the parents' control. Different to the blackbird which brings his chick and makes it watch him eating alongside, only feeding it with every alternate peck of food to try and get it to feed itself
By Cessna57
rf3flyer wrote:How do you delete a post?

You can’t unless it’s the last post in the thread. You just replace it with something else if it’s earlier

;-)