For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Reviews of the Model 3 seem to be uniformly good.. (annoyingly good!!)
Not sure I'd want to do long distances in an i3; the wheels are just too big & narrow for a comfortable ride.

I also wonder what is "the point" (other than possibly for tax reasons?) of a 30 mile plug in; surely restricting your choice of machines for such a small issue is sub-optimal :wink:
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was planning on just under a week in Sweden with alot of short trips in a hire car.
First up on my regular car hire site was a "recommended" Renault E-Zoe, so recalling this thread, I enthusiastically thought "Ill have a look at that!" - the problem was that it was over £80 a day!! A Fiat 500 or Mini Cooper was £27 a day and for £80-90 a day I could have had a large BMW or Merc or even a Porsche SUV...

Oh, and on looking at the details of the hire, I had to pay extra for charging cables?!?!?

No...I didnt consider hiring the electric car... :(

Regards, SD..
By MikeB
Being low on charge the other day, I parked my I3 at the local BMW dealers for a free top-up while I took the dog for a walk. One of the two charging bays had a X5 parked in it (Typical BMW driver :roll: ). While I was out with the dog, the X5 departed, and another car drove in, managing somehow to tangle with my charging lead, yanking both the socket from my car, and the charging unit off the wall. (Another typical BMW driver :roll: )

BMW kindly gave me a loan I3 with enough lecky in it to last the week while they repaired mine free of charge. Mine was subsequently returned fully charged and valeted.

So to sum up, parked for a week, was given a weeks loan car, and had my car fully charged and valeted, all for free. Should go there more often :lol:
By Melanie Moxon
I just spec’d a Model 3, (the Standard Range + model) so 254 WLTP miles range, in blue (£950 for the audacity to not want it in "resale white", grumble, grumble) and it came out at £259/month with the £2000 deposit (the WBAC value of my current MINI Cooper). It suits me fine for 99.9% of my journeys.

There has to be a catch here? that seems like epic value for money.

I still have the issue of having to take half the kitchen out to install the cable to run from between the meter and fuse box under the stairs (house built in 1935) and dig up 1/3 of the garden to put the requisite trench for the cable the 10m to the garage for a type 2 socket.
By stevelup
Yes, it's £5800 for something that doesn't exist yet and probably never will, and which cannot legally be used in Europe anyway.

Which are going after them. Basically, they're just stealing £5800 from anyone willing to tick the box.