For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
FFS - just get a car without indicators; discussion closed!
So, one year ago today I took delivery of my Tesla Model 3 SR+. 10,900 miles later, a quick review!
Problems?
Only one issue with the mobile charger failing, replaced by Tesla. No issues with paint or panel gaps (that I can see).
Costs.
Fuel, due to 2k miles referral Supercharging £34 in long distance drive to Northumberland. Trips to Skye, Anglesey, Cornwall were "free". Home charging free as the car has used 2.8MW and our solar generated 3.3 MW. Average consumption 245W/mile. I've also invested in a home charger.
Insurance now £325 pa with LV vs £475 with DL for my old Civic
VED now zero.
Bought some screenwash, posh shampoo, polish and some mudflaps.
Software updates, about 10. New features added, FSD improved markedly, auto wipers now much better.
Driving experience? I like it, very quick when it needs to be and very comfortable and relaxing for long journeys. Supercharging network is the business, hassle free.
All in all, only regret I didn't put £10k into Tesla shares when I bought the car as the car would now be free :oops:
Home charging free as the car has used 2.8MW and our solar generated 3.3 MW

Ah, but what would you have done with that 2.8MW of generated electricity had the Tesla not consumed it? Sold back to the grid, powered the house, etc.?
cjrpaterson wrote:
Home charging free as the car has used 2.8MW and our solar generated 3.3 MW

Ah, but what would you have done with that 2.8MW of generated electricity had the Tesla not consumed it? Sold back to the grid, powered the house, etc.?

I get paid to generate it and a smaller amount is deemed as export, but export isn't measured.
malcolmfrost wrote:So, one year ago today I took delivery of my Tesla Model 3 SR+. 10,900 miles later, a quick review!
Problems?
Only one issue with the mobile charger failing, replaced by Tesla. No issues with paint or panel gaps (that I can see).
Costs.
Fuel, due to 2k miles referral Supercharging £34 in long distance drive to Northumberland. Trips to Skye, Anglesey, Cornwall were "free". Home charging free as the car has used 2.8MW and our solar generated 3.3 MW. Average consumption 245W/mile. I've also invested in a home charger.
Insurance now £325 pa with LV vs £475 with DL for my old Civic
VED now zero.
Bought some screenwash, posh shampoo, polish and some mudflaps.
Software updates, about 10. New features added, FSD improved markedly, auto wipers now much better.
Driving experience? I like it, very quick when it needs to be and very comfortable and relaxing for long journeys. Supercharging network is the business, hassle free.
All in all, only regret I didn't put £10k into Tesla shares when I bought the car as the car would now be free :oops:

Glad your still enjoying it, I’m two years next month and love every min.

VED now zero..... was also very pleased to see that ;)
4.1 miles per kilowatt hour is my first report from the electric Pug now that I've worked out how to work the App.

Is that good? Don't know.

Drove to Headcorn Aerodrome today due to pants wx forecast (wrong) but did enjoy the drive.

For such a heavy car it handles well and in SPORT mode didn't disappoint.