For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Possibly the first time in recorded history that anyone has become excited over a Volvo? :lol:

Looking forward to your first impressions @stevelup

Rob P
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
They probably need to examine it to learn how not to fit seatbelts in the back or fasten down the rear seat, or properly align the panels or put any sound deadening material around the noisiest component in the car.

They are after all bringing out a cheaper version of it next year - got to get the downgrades lined up in time!
Is the restriction on Tunnel travel simply for the bulk deliveries with Li-Ion, or are EV drivers going to suffer the fate of LPG and be banned individually?

That would restrict the tunnels profitability (if it has such a thing) as the EV parc grows over the yeas

Rob P
Rob P wrote:Is the restriction on Tunnel travel simply for the bulk deliveries with Li-Ion, or are EV drivers going to suffer the fate of LPG and be banned individually?

That would restrict the tunnels profitability (if it has such a thing) as the EV parc grows over the yeas

Rob P

Teslas have been travelling through the Chunnel for years with no issue. There is even a Supercharger in the terminals both sides.
By Flyin'Dutch'
malcolmfrost wrote:Teslas have been travelling through the Chunnel for years with no issue. There is even a Supercharger in the terminals both sides.

Not just Teslas!

I think there's no need for so many Tesla chargers! Bah.

The charging infrastructure and battery capacity are two of the things that Tesla has done very well. The cars are nice enough, from having a ride in them, but the USP in my view is those two items.
The other thing is the constant stream of improvements (with some deteriorations!) In the last year we have gained side camera view on the reversing screen, the ability to view dash cam and sentry video in the car and the ability to format an SD card in car, 0.5 sec off the 0-60 time, several improvements in autopilot behaviour, better auto windscreen wipers, speech recognition almost works, backgammon, chess and loads more I can’t remember!
By skydriller
malcolmfrost wrote:speech recognition almost works, backgammon, chess and loads more I can’t remember!

Playing games whilst driving, even if using speech recognition doesnt sound that safe... :wink: