For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
malcolmfrost wrote:If it's Dragon Charging 25p/kWh is pretty much the lowest rate anywhere other than free, so you won't be doing too bad!!

It’s St Davids.
Assuming I get 11kw ( some won’t reach advertised rate) maximum 4 hours parking will get me 44kw.
Connection fee is 85p, 44kw will be £11, parking £4. Just short of £15. The 4 hour limit is a nuisance, cannot walk far with that a a limit..

There are 4 charging points, maybe they’ll work, maybe they won’t be ICEd, maybe I’ll be the only EV in town…
The charger is in Quickwell car park and it appears you can park all day for £5 :D
Quickwell Hill and Merrivale Carparks
Pay and display £1 for 1 hour, £2 for 2 hours, £4 for 4 hours, £5 all day, £25 per week and £90 for a season ticket from 1 April – 30 September applying between 9.00am to 7.00pm
malcolmfrost wrote:The charger is in Quickwell car park and it appears you can park all day for £5 :D
Pay and display £1 for 1 hour, £2 for 2 hours, £4 for 4 hours, £5 all day, £25 per week and £90 for a season ticket from 1 April – 30 September applying between 9.00am to 7.00pm

That’s worse, it means someone can sit on the charger all bl**dy day.
Seems to me that EVs are nothing more than a conspiracy dreamed up in Davos by the world's coffee retailers. Did you know that Elon Musk is Starbucks biggest shareholder?
Rob P liked this
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
stevelup wrote:
AndyR wrote:I was quoted 2 years delivery for an EV last week.

Shocking!

Who on earth can predict what they want to drive away new in two years time?!!?

Well the obvious answer is to take your business elsewhere! What was it out of interest?

An Audi Q4 e-tron.

One of very few EVs I was happy to consider.

It seems the issues with computer chips and other electrical items is getting worse and affecting EVs in particular.
VW suffering chip shortage and EVs are chip heavy. They also use Ukraine for parts, wiring looms for ID.3 for one., for some reason that’s not happening
They’ve cut ID.3 production to only two trim levels, and cannot give accurate delivery dates, certainly at least a year.

@Paul Sengupta, Aberdare not really en route, the nearest high speed charger is16 miles from St Davids and reported u/s at the moment. :roll:
I have a plan that involves options for small range of chargers around Aberystwyth that should leave me 50% charge when I get to St Davids. (Flight planning was good practice for EV ownership. )
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Jim Jones wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:The charger is in Quickwell car park and it appears you can park all day for £5 :D

That’s worse, it means someone can sit on the charger all bl**dy day.

Overstay fees is something that should probably be compulsory going forward.
Jim Jones liked this
By AndyR
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flying_john wrote:
> AndyR wrote:
> > I was quoted 2 years delivery for an EV last week.
> >
> > Shocking!
> >
> > Who on earth can predict what they want to drive away new in two years
> > time?!!?
>
> No wonder the used values have skyrocketed.

To be fair, this applies to all vehicles. Another year older, another 30,000 miles added and my car is apparently worth what I paid for it a year ago at a main dealer! And that’s from webuyanycar . com
I got quoted 2 and a half years delivery delay for a hybrid Tiguan a few days back.

We did a test drive of Mercedes EQB - I liked it, but missus didn’t like the big flat screen, and prefers the traditional cockpit of the Tiguan.

I’m scared to ask how long the delay will be for the EQB :(