For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
malcolmfrost wrote:One of which boils down to "you might have to look over your shoulder to avoid reversing into someone"!!

Yes and no.

I am pretty sure that the cameras in the Tesla do more than just providing a pretty picture?

If those extra functions stop with a malfunctioning camera then stand by for accidents.

The latest jalopy has no parking distance beepers. Despite trying to be alert to that, there were some very near misses during the first few months of reversing and parking.

The brain very quickly becomes reliant on 'new' tech bur relearns very slowly.

Human factors innit!
LV= wrote to me just over a year ago saying that they would not be inviting me to renew my Range Rover Sport cover due to the high number of theft claims. Seems that they aren't wrong.

Over the past few years, there’s been a rise in thefts of the LANDROVER RANGE ROVER SPORT AUTOBIO DYN SDV6 306 AUTO, which you may have read about in the press. As a result, we’ve seen a large increase in the number and cost of claims we’ve received for these types of vehicles and have made the difficult decision to stop insuring them.

This means at your next renewal date on 25 March 2021, we won’t be able to offer you a renewal price for this car.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Item on the local news today, BBC Radio Sussex, they were talking about the cost of using the public charging network ... costs were anything from 'free' through to .... £4 per kWh ... :shock:

From what I can see the 'premium' networks are charging as much as 69p per kWh, which although it sounds eye watering still has EV's just short of ICE fuel costs. However, who ever it is that's charging £4 per kWh is certainly taking the Micheal and is not doing anything to advance the cause of EV's.

In recent BP press release they talked about their high power chargers being commercially as productive as their petrol pumps ...
T6Harvard liked this
There is a new app called Bonnet which purportedly aggregates supply and lets you buy kW at a flat fee of 35p "Any charger, Any network, Anywhere".

If you want a referral code (we both get £15 IIRC) then you know where to ask :wink:

https://www.joinbonnet.com/pricing

PS In addition to the referral code mentioned above, if you also use FIRSTCHARGE as a discount code you get the first charge for free.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this