For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
CloudHound wrote:Couldn’t turn off the lane driving assist so was an ‘interesting’ journey on the M23 back from Crawley.

I dont want to be rude...but WTF?? :shock:

Driving should never be "interesting" because the car does something you dont want it to do, ICE or electric... "what's it doing now" isnt a good starting advert... :pale:
CloudHound wrote:I realise that now but there wasn’t a booklet with the car.

However you have inadvertently been found out as one of those hooligans that erratically jumps lanes without signalling. :lol:

Bet you usually complain about such drivers on here too. :wink:
Do EV car batteries require conditioning charge/discharge routines in maintenance to keep them in top form and can they “suffer“ from memory effect ?
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bill McCarthy wrote:Do EV car batteries require conditioning charge/discharge routines in maintenance to keep them in top form and can they “suffer“ from memory effect ?

The thing does cool/warm the battery as required to get the best performance from it but no owner input required for that; AFAIK no memory effect but they say you should, if possible not charge it beyond 90% all the time.

Mine is on a two year business lease so unlikely to be an issue for me; they guarantee the battery for 8 years or 100000 km.
Bill McCarthy wrote:Do EV car batteries require conditioning charge/discharge routines in maintenance to keep them in top form and can they “suffer“ from memory effect ?

The battery management system looks after all of that, just keep it between 20 and 80 % for normal use and only charge to 100% if you absolutely need the last drop of range.
Rob P liked this
Miscellaneous wrote:
CloudHound wrote:I realise that now but there wasn’t a booklet with the car.

However you have inadvertently been found out as one of those hooligans that erratically jumps lanes without signalling. :lol:

Bet you usually complain about such drivers on here too. :wink:

Generally good drivers don’t signal if there’s no point to it. Returning to lane 1 after overtaking is one example. I’d hate it if my car fought against me.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Jim Jones wrote:
Generally good drivers don’t signal if there’s no point to it.

+1

Unnecessary signalling is in the same league as life-history R/T calls.

Just turn off the lane departure gadget unless you really think you are likely to drowse.

Rob P