For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Elecy
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@stevelup Do you have a home charger installed, and if so what did you go for?

I’ve got a BP Chargemaster juicing up my IPace but the “smart” functionality is pretty rubbish tbh.

As to the Citroen Ami - it will do well in city centres, as car ownership gives way to short term hire. A network of parking/charging stations, access and billing via an app, and driveable by under 17s in France too. Cost savings are designed in, door panel pressings are not “sided”, front and rear bumpers are identical etc.

Mark
By stevelup
I have the Ohme one as it fully supports Octopus Agile - I have it set to only charge the car when electricity is below 8p/unit.

Only cost £200 (special price for Octopus customers) - it's plugged into a 32A socket in the garage.

Makes for a neat install because all that's visible outside is the cable.

Elecy liked this
By nallen
@stevelup Does the car stop you driving off while it's plugged in? I'm not saying it's the sort of thing I would do; asking for a friend …
By GrahamB
I assume the black thing on the outside of the pillar is a holster. Is it clever enough to stop anyone else topping up their car while you are out?
By stevelup
No, but that really isn't an issue where I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and down a drive!

Also, because of the way I've got it configured to only charge when the electricity is cheap, someone would need to pull this stunt at about 3AM!
GrahamB liked this
By JonathanB
@stevelup the Octopus thing sounds interesting, but I’m currently paying 11.795p/kWh at any time so that seems fairly reasonable.
By PeteSpencer
Very Nice! Must get 'er indoors interested: she does SFA mileage annually and never longer than 30 miles.

Is that a pers contract? Or outright purchase? If so may I ask how much (PM if you prefer).

Grill will deflect pigeons nicely. :roll:

Peter
By stevelup
JonathanB wrote:@stevelup the Octopus thing sounds interesting, but I’m currently paying 11.795p/kWh at any time so that seems fairly reasonable.

That's a competitive price for sure. But I'm guessing it's not 'green' - seems too cheap.

Below is today's Agile pricing - the trick is to avoid any significant consumption between 1600 and 1930...

This morning, my car charged between 0330 and 0500 which cost about 7.6p/kWh
By JonathanB
Yup it’s with green.energy on their “Oak” tariff.

That pricing would hit us with the oven on for the family dinner!
By stevelup
Ovens use surprisingly little. They might be 3kW or whatever but the duty cycle is low. Once they've heated up, they don't use much.

That's a good tariff you're on there.

The nerd in me is enjoying fiddling around with Octopus Agile though.