For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Colonel Panic wrote:You may scoff, but AIUI one can now plot a waypoint in the Tesla satnav - not just a destination; bleeding edge technology, what. I'm sure not even Android Auto can do that :

Dear god! My 2005 Jaguar nav has been doing that for the past sixteen years.

Rob P
Colonel Panic liked this
UK users petitioned Elon on Twitter for waypoints 18 months ago but California didn't understand the concept, assuming that everyone would have charging at destination. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and we got the ability, although using Reverse Polish Notation, and on the Christmas Eve update, we can now reorder them.
PeteSpencer wrote:My recent Tom Tom update flooded the screen with charging point icons that I couldn’t see the routes.

Took me a while to work how to delete them but they still randomly re appear with some updates I’ve now stopped updating

Perhaps one needs a 'dearth of charging points :wink: en route for next [parametric] miles' warning :)

[Like the 'last gas (or water) for .. miles' roadside signs one sees in emptier parts of North America]
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PeteSpencer wrote:My recent Tom Tom update flooded the screen with charging point icons that I couldn’t see the routes.

Took me a while to work how to delete them but they still randomly re appear with some updates I’ve now stopped updating

Yes, if you delete them, they will come back next time you update. What you want to do is turn off the display of that category.

Go into settings > Show POI category on map and untick it. They'll all disappear then and not return.
I often use Waze, both to check a route before leaving home and for its live traffic rerouting. But you do have to look out for the odd bizarre diversion offered as it will save you 30 seconds on a two hour journey.

I am agonising about replacing the o/e infotainment system, dating back to the last century, with an Android fit, but I am not convinced I use the car enough to benefit, and I rarely turn on any 'entertainment' in-car anyway.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this